Dinner tonight

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I thought I would make a fantabulous dinner tonight. Arghhhhhhhhh.

Didn't have milk to make muffins with and already had that ready to go. Didn't have parmeson cheese for the parmeson fried eggplant.

So when husband got home he and I went to the store.

Meanwhile I had mushrooms slowly sauteing, I made a corn, red & green pepper mixed with bowtie pasta and cream of onion soup casserole.

Came back from the store got the blueberry muffins in the oven, steaks on the George Forman and started to make the eggplant.

OMG the eggplant turned out NASTY. Then the steaks didn't cook evenly.

Ended up throwing out the eggplant.

Why is it when you try to do something really good when your already frustrated it falls apart.

beth

everywoman

The best laid plans of mice and me (and women in the kitchen too) often go awry----
I found when I'm trying---I try to hard---become too entrenched---and it goes wrong. I work better when I'm enjoying myself and I don't put up too many expectations. Sorry the meal was a bust---hope the muffins turned out.

On a side note--when PCson was little he looooved blueberry muffins---but he always called them Blue Mary Poppins----I still call them that to this day.

Abbey

Spork Queen
So sorry, Beth. That is really frustrating when you want something to happen nicely and it doesn't pan out. At least you tried and hopefully it was recognized.

Abbey

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well at least the spice cake with cream cheese frosting turned out.

EW that is so cute. I use some of the phrases from easy child's little kid times.

beth

flutterby

Fly away!
That is so frustrating. I'm sorry it didn't work out. At least the spice cake did. After all that frustration I'm sure you needed it!