dirty drug test

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: standswithcourage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you really think my difficult child is involved? I kinda do too however I dont really think he would do anything to hurt my easy child. How do we draw the line here? </div></div>

Yes he is involved. when they are addicted to drugs they don't care what they are doing to anyone else, they just know they need the drugs. My poor easy child daughter would spend her entire weekend babysitting when difficult child lived home, so she would have some extra shopping money, then the next morning she would get out of the shower to find all her money missing from her pocketbook from the night before. I never saw him do it and he always denied it, but I knew he was doing it. He stole my jewelry, her jewelry, my digital camera, my husband business equipment. My bff Jill and I spent a few hours in a pawn shop one morning buying all my stuff back, because I was fortunate enough to have a detective call my house and ask me if I was aware that my son was pawning half our house. We were able to buy the stuff back at the same cost he sold it for because we were sent there by a detective.

Please don't believe for a minute that the happiness of your easy child is more important to him then his drugs.

gottaloveem

I can certainly share my story about Alex. I have to go to work and then easy child's football game. I will be gone till 10:00 tonight, so look for it tomorrow. I hope it helps.

Sunlight

if he is not on your health care, he is resp himself for the bills. drop him off at the ER or let him get a ride there. do not sign for his bills.

I think the thing is at this point you are still seeing him as your little boy, the son you love. ant can do that to me as well at times.

remember this, once they are on drugs, they will do anything to anyone to get drugs. even family.

rejectedmom

I am hoping you find the courage to stand up for your rights and those of your easy child and other family members and kick your difficult child out on his ARSE and change the locks. -RM

Well I did. He just called me. He was supposed to go to a dentist appointment. today. Well when I got home from school - h e wasnt here - oh well - then he calls and said for me to cancel his dentist appointment. he would go tomorrow. I said no - I cannot take you. Then he calls about 8:30 tonight wants me to come get him and take him to the emergency room. Well I said no - I am not coming - you have had all day to go to the emergency room. I am not sitting there. He said he has money to pay for the prescriptions. I am so tired of this. I dont not need his stuff anymore. He said when can you come get me - I said I do not know. You need to figure it out.

Thanks. My daughter is getting married on saturday. I want to devote all my time towards her. My sister cannot come and that disappoints me. My dad is 80 and doesnt want to make the trip. another post I guess!

Thank you. I am just glad you are still standing. That makes me think that whatever happens I will still survive somehow. It takes people like you to help other people. Thank you.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Stands, YAAAAAY for you for not running to rescue him this time. That is a HUGE step. Practice, practice! He'll figure it out, believe me.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
:warrior: :flower: :warrior:
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>WAY TO GO!!</span> </span>

Proud of You Susan, you have taken a huge step, the first step! Do your very best to continue on this path. difficult child will most likely become reeeeeeeeeeelllllly angry, so brace yourself for that and stick to your new plan!!!

Peace

everywoman

Suz, I think she is talking about a list I pm'd her of rehab and recovery centers in SC.

Stands, if you go to the top of you screen and click on my stuff, you can scroll down to my messages and retrieve the list. If not, send me your e-mail and I will send it to you in PDF form.

today is my daughters wedding. so far i have devoted the day to her. yesterday i took my difficult child to the dentist - the dentist said he needed his tooth extracted - i know he does - it will have to be after the wedding - my brother and his famility are here - the rehearsal went wonderful - my difficult child has to go to work today - i told him the wedding is when he is at work - he will not go - i dont want anything to ruin her time - it makes me feel sad in a way that his choices not to get help or find self control limits things in his life - i am putting him on theback burner

meowbunny

Stands, when you have time, please post a detailed description of the wedding in the Watercooler. I bet we'd all love to share in it vicariously.

jbrain

Good for you, Stands! Hope it is a wonderful day with your dtr--yes, please do post a detailed description in the Watercooler. We are all hoping the day goes splendidly and I am so glad your difficult child won't be able to ruin it! Enjoy!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Good for you for concentrating on the wedding. Sounds like a good new topic for a new thread. :thumb:

Suz