Discharge date.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt is being discharged 1/22/10. I have to be honest, friends ~ I am beyond terrified. I know what kt can do physically. She's a great deal stronger than me.

We are working on expectations for kt to come home in family therapy; kt has been told that one hand on me results in placement elsewhere. I sobbed at that statement but my MD's put that in place with a report of vulnerable adult in place.

kt's mostly responsive but now is experiencing many dissociative states & needs a great deal of one on one.

The only carrot I have is her cell phone & friends. PCAs may be refused because the state has stopped providing them for anything other than "physical" conditions. I will argue that point with bipolar being a brain disorder.

Just needed to get that off my shoulders. I want part of my family with me - I'm tired of living alone. I just don't want to walk about on egg shells or in fear.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
On the one hand it will be nice for you to have someone around. It must be lonely.

I am scared as well for you.
K has dissociative states with violence and I am in good health, but it still scares me and I still get hurt at times.
When she is out of it it is so hard to bring her back down or reason with her. When she starts getting paranoid it is would be flat out impossible for someone who was incredibly strong to handle her. They are like caged animals.

I would think a PCA is needed and they are crazy if they deny you and KT.

I hope it works out. Try to take care of yourself up until this time.

I imagine KT is much stronger than this. And becomes worse and more dangerous.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Linda--

This is terrible! How can they send her home when she is clearly still having serious issues with these disassociative states??? And then to deny any extra help??

I am terrified for you...

Hopefully, more assistance and support can be put in place before Jan 22.

--DaisyFace

busywend

Linda, we know kt is capable of holding on for a while - but she always has a point in time where she slips backwards. I do not know if it is a pattern at all, but there has to be a very quick reacting plan in place for if/when she starts to slid backwards.

flutterby

Fly away!
I think the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is closing, if memory serves.

Linda, you and kt are in my thoughts.

(((hugs)))

pepperidge

Not that you want to, but I wonder if there is any way that you can find a college student or someonr that needs a place to live and would agree to be there a certain amount of time (not working, just on call) so if you needed another adult you would have one.

I don't know if you are frightened that KT could hurt you and you wouldn't be able to summon help--how about one of those panic call button type deals that you wear?

Sounds good but terrifying at same time to have her home.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Have a good emergency plan in place. Keep a charged cell phone with pre-programed emergency numbers in your pocket 24/7. And don't hesitate to use it.

I hope kt bug holds it together and begins to once again move forward. Praying for you both.

hugs

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
We have another family therapy session today. She's dealing (apparently) with some pretty harsh flashbacks.

Yes, the 3 RTCs in town are closing & the one kt is in is scheduled to close 2/01/10.

I found out yesterday that kt's CADI waiver has the same amount of funding available as always; the PCA thing will have to change due to our governor's ideas & there has been incredibly poor agencies that bill 26 hours daily.

Makes the whole industry look bad.

I had a team staffing for wm yesterday & spoke briefly with Mental Health CM & CADI manager - the crisis plan is being put together even as we speak. I want my little family all under one roof - that isn't reality. I want my baby girl home - that may not be reality either.

It's all hit or miss now. I fear for my safety - I fear for the loss of my family even more.

klmno

Wow...I can't imagine what you're going thru. I have a ton of mixed emotions about my son coming home in 2-3 months and I'm sure they are only a small fraction of what you are experiencing. I hope you find some help in the system- of some type.

DDD

It really seems imperative that you have an able bodied adult living in your home for backup support. Will the remaining funding allow for that? As always I keep you in my thoughts and prayers. DDD