Discharged

T

toughlovin

Hi all my son was discharged from the psychiatric unit today! I picked him up, got him something to eat, got his medications filled and took him back to the sober house. The big news is he had agreed to do a partial hospitalization program at the hospital and hopefully from there do an outpatient program that will do some intensive work on his issues. This is all his decision, one I completely support, but a decision I really had no part in... except for telling him we would provide transportation so that lack of transportation would not be a reason not to do it. This is definitely going to be inconvenient for me but if he really goes and does it is SO worth it to me. Plus I will get to see him everyday. :)

My worry of course is he won't keep it up and that he will quit or tell me it is bs after a couple of days... of course I have been thinking he would do that all week and he didn't. I do think at this point he really wants help.

He has a court date tomorrow for his last arrest... we have a letter from the hospital so that he doesn' tneed to be there but of course I need to go and his lawyer will be there.

So I am still hopeful.

TL

DDD

I'm thrilled that you have reason to be optimistic. I still have my fingers crossed that he is choosing a positive course for his life. Hugs. DDD

keista

Sounds very positive so far. Good reason to be cautiously OPTIMISTIC. I'll keep fingers crossed it all continues on this path.

Blondiesbf

I'm really excited for you! Great news. I can imagine how easy it easy to anticipate failure but hopefully you'll be able to just take one day at a time and live in today and hope for the best tomorrow! I would take the inconvenience of transportation in heartbeat if I knew my son was finally willing to get help!! And it's a GOOD enabling!

Prayers and continued hope!

Sheila

Nancy

Yay! The fact that he has agreed to the treatment program is every reason to be hopeful. This is a process, as you know. They don't automatically get well, it takes time and a lot of help. I'm so glad he got another chance.

I am really crossing my fingers for you. Good luck tomorrow.

Nancy

Last edited:
T

toughlovin

Thanks all.. he had a good first day and did not whine or complain at all... was pretty positive actually. Which is HUGE.

I am even more hopeful tonight.

TL