Disturbing phone calls.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
After spending a week cleaning up that bank mess (back in with-c someplace) I started receiving phone calls from a company called Internet Sales. Last night I finally picked up; before I could get a word in edgewise this gentleman started talking about the business software I purchased & didn't pay for.

I informed him that this turned out to be fraud; that was all he would let me say. Started on about ruining my credit rating & various other niceties. At that point I hung up wishing I had a recording device on my home phone.

If this company calls again I will record & play this to the police. The number is located out of Boise ID & the spiel is that you bought software for starting an Ebay business.

You know, I really don't like the world these days ~ very ugly in so many ways. Have to keep working on those happy moments that occur more regularly.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I hope they get this resolved quickly. You don't need this bs.

And I agree...the world today is a very concerning place.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Linda--

This phone call sounds like a scam all by itself!

How do you "buy" software without paying for it....BUT leave your phone number so they can call and ask you for money????

You can either purchase software or download free trials....or you can steal it by illegally downloading it through file-sharing.

And if you steal it....they file charges. They don't call you and demand money.

Call the police and/or the FCC. Perhaps they are aware of a scam like this....

DammitJanet

Im with DF.

The phone call sounds like a scam to me. I have had a few of those type phone calls myself but slightly different tactics. One of the best was when they called and told me that I had signed up using my gmail addy of "[email protected]"! Well...that was interesting since I dont have that for an email address...lol.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Linda, google their phone number and you will see what others have posted about them.

I get a lot of bill collectors' calls because of the difficult children:faint:.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
A couple of years ago. I got a "sample" of one of these magazines devoted to vacation homes, etc.

It had a subscription card in it, but I wasn't interested so didn't respond. A couple of months later, I started getting dunning notices from the magazine company.

When I called them to cancel, they informed me that I "had" to pay because they had sent me the magazines.

DammitJanet

Oh we had a horrible time with someone who used our address for identity theft. Not our names or phone number but our address. It really made no sense to me but the guy was using our address to get some products sent to our house.

At first they were little junk stuff that I thought might be stuff the kids signed up for on websites and won. Basically dollar store stuff. Then stuff started coming in that was a bit more pricey and there was labels on it from places that I recognized as mail order catalogs. I called the companies immediately and told them that we were getting these things and that they were not ordered by me and that the name they were coming under was no one at my address. By this time I was also getting a ton of junk mail to this persons name too. I contacted the USPS about this also and filed a complaint.

The merchants told me that they were aware that this was credit card fraud and not by me but by someone using multiple (and I mean dozens and dozens) of stolen credit card numbers but that they werent going to stop the shipments that were coming to my address?!? That I should just start to refuse the products! I said what do I do if I am not home when the mail person comes or I am not home when UPS comes and they leave it at my door? I am certainly not going to pay to ship something back that I didnt order! They just told me to keep it. It isnt worth it to them. HUH? They knew what was going on but werent going to stop it! I thought they were nuts.

I tried to do an address change on this nutjob through the post office because I was getting literally dozens and dozens of catalogs and junk mail for this person. In fact, he got info and invitations to both voting parties! I couldnt change his address legally because I wasnt him!!! I kept putting stuff back in the box marking it return to sender, no such addressee. Didnt help.

Finally after about 3 or 4 years now, I only get about 10 or so letters a year for him but still, this guy apparently lives here! LOL.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The guy I bought my mobile home from was in the Army Reserves. He went AWOL a few years ago.

I had the MPs show up on my doorstep TWICE looking for this idiot. I get all sorts of mail for him and his wife.

In TN, the credit agencies mixed my report up with someone who not only had the same initials and last name, but a very similar SSN.

Wasn't identity theft--it was a stupid mixup in credit reporting. I didn't even find out about it until we tried to buy a car and all these defaults and write offs were on the report.

The capper was when a rental place showed up to repo a big screen TV. I let them in and told them to search the place. If they found the TV in question; they were welcome to it.