Do some of you remember???

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I joined this forum 5 years ago this month; the tweedles were in 3rd grade & all heck was breaking loose.

I bet some of you remember those days? kt dissociating on a semi regular basis & wm raging every hour on the hour just for giggles.

I rec'd a letter in the mail yesterday informing kt & "her parents" of her high school orientation ~ when she is to get her student ID card picture taken & a few other things.

Did any of you think we'd get to this day with either of the tweedles? wm's not there yet. This is momentous for kt. (Even though she's in the "social suicide" class" ~ the girl has got to get a grip!)

I'm so proud of kt, so very proud. She's made tremendous strides over the last 2 years. If anyone offers you the chance for day treatment for your difficult child don't turn it down. It's worked wonders for kt.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Very cool. I do remember you and your story. It doesn't seem possible that it was 5 yrs. It's been a long haul but there is some peace in your home. It's no where near the battlefield with 4 walking wounded that it was.

Congratulations to surviving and making it to this place.

Sheila

I remember also. Those were some really tough days for you and yours.

YEA, kt!:bravo::bravo:

difficult child is starting high school also.:wildone:

busywend

Wahoo!!! GO KT!!!

It does seem like so long ago, yet it also seems like yesterday.

We are doing it! The things we thought we never could do! We are making it through! One day at a time!

Mine is entering her senior year! AGH!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Linda, your story is one of those that I hang onto for hope. I know you're not "there" yet, but the trials and triumphs and perseverence just gives me strength to carry on.

Happy Anniversary.

4sumrzn

There's light at the end of the tunnel.....I see that when I read these types of posts. It gives me hope as well as many others I'm sure! Thanks for sharing & congratulations.

F

flutterbee

Look how far you've (kt) come, baby. :bravo:

Happy Anniversary. The board wouldn't be the same without you, Linda.

B

butterflydreams

Wow! This is awesome. Way To Go KT! It's great to hear such great stories like yours. Good job, mom!

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
your represent the light at the end of the tunnel :O)

I wish i could get day treatment for difficult child's, in NJ it's an uphill battle to get any services!

I finally have gotten both of my boys CMO benefits, just in this past year.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
You were here a year before me so I don't remember the very beginning of you joining but you have always been an inspiration since I "arrived" on the board. Kt has come so very far and you have every reason to be very proud!!!

Penta

I have a feeling your kt will surprise you even more in the future with her achievements. Both your children know how loved they are...wm is just taking longer to move forward.

So very happy for your family!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Inspirational
You are one of the board members over the past 2 years that truly has given me hope and courage.

Now I do NOT remember your beginning here, but even in the year and a half that I have been on the board, I have seen progress with KT and with you as well.

Truly, you are an inspiration.

Many prayers for a continued upward swing.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I too was not here when you started but you were one of the first that spoke with me. It is amazing the roads that have been traveled in that time. Glad kt is moving forward and hope that this new venture for her goes well.

beth