Do they ever grow up?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by ThreeShadows, May 19, 2009.

1. ThreeShadows

ThreeShadows Quid me anxia?

2. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

Good god. He's 28 years old and living in his parents basement. What political career?

3. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

How bad is the room? I cant get the video to load on dial up.

Im dying to know because I could go snap a picture of Billy's room...lol.

4. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Hmmm... it would appear that husband is also somewhat delayed. :tongue:

Janet, they don't show him or his room. It's just Kathie Lee Gifford and someone else chatting about it.

5. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Well then, how are we supposed to know what it looks like? One mans messy room is another mans just untidy room! I mean really!

6. ThreeShadows

To me it's more about the fact that he threw a plate at his dad and showed him a fist....dad had to have felt scared enough to call 911.

7. maril

maril New Member

Maybe it's time for the 28yo to move out...sounds like he has two jobs going.

I wish a flying plate of food and making a fist was all we ever had had to deal with, lol. Luckily, my difficult children raging behavior has ceased. :D

8. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

One word - enabling.

9. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Another word -

OMG are you serious - wait that's 4 words.

Four words

OMG are you serious?

But then again I look into the office next to me where a 28 soon to be 29 year old COLLEGE graduate with a major in CUllinary management (whatever that is) sits - and is "the pooper" and lives with Mom and Dad and I think.....ah - they should have done the story on the pooper.

10. ThreeShadows

Star, ethnic difference here, what is a "pooper"?

11. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Someone who cruds on another. That would be my definition.

Elder Abb

12. Steely

Steely Active Member

OMG!!!!
    Unbelievable.
    How could he be on a school board and still be that immature???
    This world.

13. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

I think the "pooper" is the one who leaves...erm...aromatic evidence behind him, after visits to the men's room. I think Star's words were "not fit for man nor beast", or something to that effect.

As for Living-at-home dude...I really do think that it takes some people a lot longer to finish cooking than it does others. And having enabling parents just doesn't help matters.

My difficult child-brother lived with our difficult child-parents until he was nearly 30, when he finally moved out at the insistance of his then-fiance.

I got endless amounts of grief from them for moving out when I was 17 (in Ontario, you can leave home at 16). They pressured me to come back, offered me money, a car, all sorts of things...it was really dysfunctional. I just wanted to grow up and do my own thing, and they were desperate to stop me.

Weird.