do you ever feel..........

Steely

like you if you post one more negative crummy thing, you are just the biggest whiney baby in the bunch?
I swear, I feel like I cannot post one more thing that is cr@ppy, and yet cr@ppy seems to be the day in and day out routine over here in steely-world.

KTMom91

Sometimes. I'm afraid if I get started, I'll end up with one really long and incoherent post, or I'll repeat myself day in and day out, because nothing has changed at my house. The bottom line is that no one but a Warrior Mom understands what I'm thinking, and feeling, and agonizing over. Sometimes I find suggestions and advice in responses on other threads, and I don't post. Sometimes I feel better just hanging out with all of you, and I don't post. You have had an extremely difficult year, and you still have a lot going on. I don't see you as whining; I see you as someone who is trying to make sense of what has happened, and how you can best help your son. I am in awe of your strength and your determination to keep going. Many gentle hugs and prayers for both you and M.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Yes I have felt like that! Not too much regarding our board, but in my personal life. I'm a recovering addict, and attend NA meetings. I went thru a spell where I kept talking about the same thing over & over......

It's a process. I have to trust the process.

I think it's a great sign that you recognize that about yourself. Huge step in coming to terms with things is to acknowledge. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know.

It's okay to be a big whiney baby!!! Just so long as you're aware of it, that's an important piece to be capable of moving on. Whenever the process allows. No time limit!!

Peace

meowbunny

Sometimes our lives really are in the crapper. You have had so much happen to you that I'm amazed you're not posting 5 times a day about how miserable your life is right now. It really is okay to be whiney sometimes.

So, try this. For every negative post, try to find something good that happened and post about it. Maybe a customer who said or did something kind. A bit of scenery that was beautiful. Whatever you saw or heard that day that give you at least a mini warm fuzzy. Sometimes those little reminders do help us. In the meantime, feel free to whine away. We care. We understand. We'll be here as much as we can.

Jena

I feel that at times as well, and we all know when i get into the thick of it here i post away, and vent away. Incoherent posts used to be my specialty :)..........i've been getting a bit better now though.

It helps, and your not wrong at all. Sometimes getting it out of your head, typing it out releases the bad, and so we feel better. You keep on typing. We will keep on reading. Your one amazing person and should never feel that too much negative posts or complaining is bad.

Afterall at the end of the day we are "warrior mom's" yet we are female!! It is our right to complain, jk :)

((((hugs))))

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That is why I am hooked up to a xanax drip....

Hang in there lady... this too shall pass... you are such a wonderful person who deserves wonderful things in this life.
Remember, they may bend you, but they will not break you.

Yeh. We are in crisis here and will continue to be for awhile. It is very cathertic to have that safety to exress and get support. This is an extremely special space and I have been in support goups and facilitatinf them for decades now. It is growth that I can lift off the denail and share honestly about dark stuff.
At the same time, I love Meow Bunny's suggestion to keep the balance ans help, support and shre positives.
I do think this is a safe place to be honest. I know I am using it for that daily. Compassion

M

ML

I do know how you feel. I actually had coworkers tell me they didn't want to hang out with me because I depressed them too much. This was a couple years ago. So now I don't share too much with people in real life. You have had an extremely difficult year. Go easy on yourself and know that we don't think you're whiney at all.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yes, just about every time I post. After I post I see another post from someone else who has things way worse off than I do and it always makes me wonder if I'm just a whiner.

It depends on the day really. Some days I really need to vent and others I'm better off just letting it roll off. Of course, I am not in constant pain, do not have any mystery diseases and a level of one to ten of gfgness, my difficult child is around a 6+. So, relatively speaking, whenever I post, I feel like I'm whining, Steely. I say: "If it makes you feel better, then post away!"

And of course, you're well loved and protected here on CD", and I don't think many of the folks here consider it 'whining' when another member is hurting.

Lothlorien

You have to try to think of one good thing each day. Then find two and three and so on. It's too easy to be down in the dumps. Look for positive things to help you see that there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Critter Lover

I know how you feel also. When I told one girl at my work about difficult child being in the hospital again she said she does not know how I stay so calm when things happen so much with my difficult child. Hmmmmm could be that I learned to bottle things inside myself when I was younger with an alcholic father and now my own health suffers for it. I have my own office too so no one knows when I break and cry once in a while. My days may be rainy with difficult child now but I am looking for the break in the clouds with the rainbow. Hoping that day arrives soon. Hey he is getting discharged today from hospital with some new medications.....I am trying to stay positive that they will work.;)

F

flutterbee

I feel like a whiner a lot of times, too. Like Jo, I feel like others have it worse and I should just shut up and svck it up. But, I always feel better after I get it out. I can let it go a bit. It also helps me to put my thoughts in order and regain some perspective. Women do that. Work through things by talking/writing. So, if it helps do it all you want. Sometimes we just need to be heard; need someone to say it's ok, you're not alone, you're not crazy.

Like CritterLover, I would break and cry at work. I shared an office, so I would hide in the bathroom or head out for a smoke break. I was the only smoker in the office, so I was sure to be alone.

Steely

Thanks guys. Meow, I think it is a great idea to post one good to one negative.

(Does it count that my positive new post, is not really positive, but more about regular life???
I hope.
Because really I wanted to post about how jacked up I feel, but instead I tried to focus on solving a tangible every day problem that can hopefully be solved?)

It is all about balance. I agree.
And Heather, I also really agree, that many times writing is unbelievably cathartic.
Sometimes the problem I face when I post, is that I feel the number of responses I get to my post is an indicator of the worth of my problems.
I know, goofy.
The psychology of cyber world and the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) person.

F

flutterbee

I sometimes fret about the number of responses to my posts, but it's like Kirstie Ally at the reward show, "You like me! You really like me!" IOW, it's insecurity.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I dunno. Alot of the time I keep my mouth shut simply because I'm afraid if I really get going.....I'll never be able to stop. Or that I'll walk out that front door and never look back.

Awful, I know. So I keep quiet and keep on plugging along. sigh

Nothing in particular, nothing I can really change, just a series of things that are outta my control getting me down if I take the time to think about it. So I do what I can to not think about it.

I guess since I'm still here, it must be working. lol

(((hugs))) Steely. It's not just you.