Do you hear what I don't?

slsh

member since 1999
So.... who can hear this?

Weeburt thought I was lying when I told him I couldn't hear it but I seriously don't hear a thing. What is really unfair is that husband, who is 3 months younger than me and who has worked in very noisy environments for 25+ years, *can* hear it!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I heard it. But those high pitched sounds have always been easy for me to hear. It is the low ones I have more difficulty with.

Just had easy child come out of her room. She is holding her ears because it was so loud it bothered her.

Beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Not a peep here either.

Well, til I turned up the volume all the way on my speaker. :rofl:

So it's not just you.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Nope not here either......although the cat looked around a little. I saw something about these on tv once. Something about once people hit a certain age, they can't hear whatever frequency that ring tone is.

P.S.
I just asked difficult child if he could hear it......he said it hurts his ears. Brat.

Hee hee hee......I asked him what it sounded like...he said it's a really high pitch and hurts. It's like you're torturing your kid.

Really.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :devil:

susiestar

Roll With It
With the speaker up I not onlyheard it but thought it was going to vibrate my teeth out.

YUCK! I hope I am never somewhere while someone is using htis.

Interesting though.

Susie

jamrobmic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstang67chic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I asked him what it sounded like...he said it's a really high pitch and hurts. It's like you're torturing your kid.</div></div>

That's actually what it was designed to do:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13274669/

I don't know if I can hear it or not, because difficult child swiped my speakers :grrr:

Lothlorien

I can't hear a thing either. I'm going to ask Missy if she hears it tomorrow. She has some auditory issues. It would be interesting to know if she hears it.

Kathy813

Staff member
I can't hear anything with the volume turned all the way up and I just had a full hearing test done by an ENT and was told my hearing was fine.

I'll have to try it with my students tomorrow. This should be interesting.

~Kathy