doctor appointment and freaking out - update

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I'm so sorry for the fear you are experiencing. We are all with you, giving you a gentle, warm hug. Medicine has made great progress in dealing with lymphoma (IF that is indeed what will be your diagnosis...). When you are ready, google adult onset lymphoma.

Do you have a nickname? I prayed for you last night and it felt weird to say "oh Lord please watch over Golden Guru"!

How is your husband dealing with this stress?

DammitJanet

Oh GG, I am late in saying that I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I know the worry until you know something for sure is the hardest part. I think telling your son was the right thing. I would have told my kids. They would have wanted to know right away.

Please know that I really believe that the power of this board with their prayers, rattling of beads, and that ever present chicken liver dance really does amazing things for each other. I think this board is why I lived through my illness and I know our prayers will be surrounding you so you will be ok too. You will feel us around you...I did.

witzend

Oh, my... That wasn't what I was expecting at all. :(

I'll continue to keep you in my good thoughts, and to hope for the best. Be strong, and try not to think too far ahead. (Hard, I know.) Keep an open mind that the end result is that you will be healthy.

goldenguru

Do you have a nickname? I prayed for you last night and it felt weird to say "oh Lord please watch over Golden Guru"!

This made me laugh!! Thanks I needed a good laugh. My first name is actually Kelly. Thanks for the prayers. (PS - God knows me by Golden Guru too) :)

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. Seding prayers and gentle hugs to you. Maybe you can do something special this weekend. A walk in the park, or a meal out, go tothe movies or rent one to watch at home.

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm so sorry -- I know I'd be panicking, too. I will keep you in my prayers for sure, and hope that whatever the final diagnosis, that this is something that has been caught early for the best possible outcome. There have been huge strides in this area of medicine and there are many, many cancer survivors living today who are testimony to that.

(((((HUGS)))))

Mattsmom277

Beads rattling and praying from way up north.
This is a trying time for sure for you and your family. I think you did right calling your son.
I wish the best with your tests and upcoming appointments and I hope for the best possible outcome. Sending "stay strong" vibes as well.
(((hugs)))

N

Nomad

Special thoughts and prayers.
I have a cousin who went through this and is doing fabulously well...looks and feels great with treatment and all is looking very well.
No doubt, the stress is through the roof...sending special strong and good vibes your way. (((hugs)))))

M

ML

I just wanted you to know my prayers will be added to the mix and that I am holding onto positive thoughts too. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Love, ML

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I have been thinking about you as well
I will be sending out continued prayers for you throughout this.
May strength be on your side.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Kelly, what time is *our* appointment tomorrow? I want to be sure to be there in spirit at that time.

Suz

TerryJ2

Kelly, we just got in last night, so I'm playing catch up. I'm sending a boatload of strength, health and healing wishes.
And many hugs.
Please let us know what happens.
And know that we are thinking of you.