Doctor appointment - and I'm freaking out

goldenguru

Today started like any other day - with the exception of what i thought was a pulled muscle near my breast. As I searched for the source of the pain - I felt it. A lump the size of a grape.

My doctor got me immediately - and by the look on her face - I was not reassured.

45 minutes later, I was having an extensive mammogram. The ultrasound is scheduled for tomorrow.

The mammogram lady made me feel better - she felt that they were lymph nodes.

And then I came home and did some research on the web. Signs of lymphoma.

I am so scared.

If you're the praying sort - keep me in your prayers.

And thanks for listening.

klmno

I'm so sorry. I had a suspicious mammo a couple of times and that alone scared me to wits end- I can't imagine what you must be going thru. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. If it does turn out to be something to be concerned about, I'm glad you have found it now. Please keep us informed as soon as you have some answers. ((HUGS))

donna723

I know this is easier to say than do but please try not to worry too much - there could be dozens of reasons for a lymph gland to be enlarged. I will keep you in my thoughts and my prayers. Sending hugs and please keep us posted.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm going to echo what Donna said -- there are LOTS of reasons a lymph node can go wonky. Please try not to freak out until you know more (I know, easier said...)

Have you had a fever recently? Virus? A cut, bruise or any kind of infection in the same quadrant as the affected node any time in the last month or so?

Sending up prayers that the cause of the swelling is not serious, and that your peace of mind is restored promptly!

witzend

Try not to be too freaked out. As I'm getting older (a few years older than you) I get these several times a month or so. They come and they go. I also get cysts like crazy. I'd be a monthly regular at the lab if they looked every time.

I'm holding out positive thoughts that it is not anything serious. Be strong!

N

Nomad

Prayers said.
I'm soooo glad you are getting it checked out.
We are all keeping a good thought.
You do the same.
Please keep us posted.
(Hugs)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
GG, I've got a big shoulder and a gentle hug. I'm so sorry for your worry. I hope it's for naught.

Suz

Can you call your dr. and get some anxiety medication? Waiting for answers is so hard. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

nvts

Guru! Rattling beads, saying prayers and many hugs - I hope you get a call 1st thing with the results. Good, bad or indifferent, waiting is worse than knowing!

We're with you in spirit!

Beth

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thinking of you as you get this checked out..... you did exactly the right thing in getting in to see the doctor and checking it out! Hope it's nothing to concern yourself with....

Fran

Former desparate mom
Keep your thoughts positive. No need to worry before you have a reason. I'm so glad you found the lump though.
I have had a needle biopsy with an abnormal mammo. Everything was fine.
Not that it means yours is benign but there are a lot of folks on this thread that had good news after an initial scare. There is some comfort in statistics.

Hugs.

Yes I will pray for you too! The waiting is the worst part. Once I had an enlarged lymph node under my arm. It was huge. The thing that made it enlarged was a small cut on my hand that had gotten infected and I didnt even know it! So it can be something very small to make a lymph node enlarge. We are hoping good things for you!