doctor Appointment

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I meet new fam doctor today. I have to have a complete physical for the nursing program. This is the one easy child has been nagging me to go to forever. He's supposed to be good at listening to his patients (she knows this is a must for me) has a good personality, and is darn good at his job.

Shouldn't really be a big deal. But I really really hate going to meet a doctor for the first time alone. Mostly because once we get into the nitty gritty of my kidneys they have a tendency to either poo poo it as not being as bad as it is or to think I'm more than a bit off my nut. Not all of them do this......but I've had enough do it that I have some PTSD going on about it.

It is uncommon, but not totally unheard of, for patients to live as long as I have after being diagnosed with my disease.....um diseases I guess I should say as I have a variety pertaining to the kidneys, just one ultra serious one that should've have made it impossible for me to live as long as I have. Let alone that I've not yet started dialysis.

Sometimes I get really POed at them and say something like "Well, excuse me for not dying fast enough to suit your textbooks." lol I've come to loath docs who seem to forget that not every patient will display according to what their medical books say should happen. I've been extremely lucky is all, and I know it. To me that is a good thing. sheesh:faint:

So I'm dreading this stupid appointment although I should be looking forward to it as it means I can get my much needed medications refilled and I might feel human again.

husband normally goes with me, sometimes easy child will. It's usually helpful to have someone there to back me up when I start in on medical history. But easy child works this evening and husband is unsure he'll make it home in time as doctor is located 20 miles away.

On top of that I just remembered I'm nearly out of gas......and I needed oil in my car.:ashamed: I don't have enough cash on me for all of that on top of paying the co pay. ugh

I have to have this physical done by aug 7th. (actually before that) I've been contemplating re-scheduling except I'm unsure they can still get me an appointment that will meet that deadline.

So anxiety is full tilt. Oh, the joy. I'm working on talking myself thru it while thinking how utterly stupid it is to be having it in the first place.

So now I'm emailing husband to see if there is any possiblity he can get home in time to go with me. I don't care if we're even somewhat late as I can always fib and tell them we had trouble finding their office. lol

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, you need to GO and you need to do it TODAY like you planned. I hope husband can get home to take you!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy was telling freshly fried frogs from start to finish while on the phone with her new kidney doctors office.

-Go ask Marg and Margs Man - lol. :tongue:

I'm just trying out my Aussie speak.....:laugh: G'day

I'll be with you! Just go -

WHen you get to the office
And you're talking about your beans
Remember I'm there with you
Hanging out behind the scene

You may not ever see me
Or hear my jungle call
But in spirit I'm right beside you
To hold you if you fall

Go on - Git.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL Starbie you made me laugh. And I needed that. I'll remember you're right there with me........:D

husband is already on his way home. So am keeping fingers crossed he gets here in time. Otherwise I will go.........even if I have to talk to myself in the car the whole way there to keep the anxiety under control. I'll just take my trusty cell phone and pray I don't run out of gas.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well if you want a sticker and lollipop you are just going to have to be a good girl and earn that on your own with good behavior. :tongue:

(yup years of counseling have paid off BIG time)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sorry, I'd have updated sooner but I'm still having computer issues and Travis was playing computer repairman again.

husband made it home in time to drive me. Which is good cuz when I went back out to check my gas again.....yeah, so not enough to get me there and back.

doctor is super nice, does listen, doesn't patronize, does believe a patient is also able to have a brain and some idea of what they're talking about. Yup, easy child was right.....he and I were made for each other. And when trying to figure out all the shots test ect I need for my physical.......he made sure to find the cheapest easiest way to go about it as well.

Then he said something that grabbed my heart.........

I'll see ya when you need me then. :D :D

LOL Had to chuckle at that as I will NOT go to a doctor unless I truly need something. Well checks are a waste of good money.

And I got my medications back! ALL of them, including the Foltex I've been doing without for 5 yrs because old idiot fam doctor wouldn't write a script for it.

Golly Lolly I just may feel like a human being again by the end of the week. :D

This doctor is a KEEPER! :D

donna723

He sounds like a wonderful doctor! If there were more doctors around like that one, maybe I would go once in a while! I'm glad you found someone you like.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good docs are priceless.

Since I've been searching for one since we moved down here 13 yrs ago.....oh yeah, I soooooo agree whole heartedly. They are also much harder to find than they used to be, which is odd considering there are more docs now than there ever have been.

Oh, and I forgot to add that he is referring me to new nephrologist as well.....the good one. :) Didn't even bat an eye when I told him who my old nephrologist was and that he up and vanished on me. He just agreed with me. lol (cuz that's what the quack did to all his patients)

I have to go to the health dept for my tb test and tentanous (sorry can't spell tonite) shots....and other vaccines will be titered via the hospital lab so I don't have to pay for it.

That's on my To Do list for tomorrow. :)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I am thrilled for you!!! I have one like that too. I live in fear that he will retire since he has been treating me since I was 14 - same age Onyxx is now!

I don't suppose your new doctor does pediatrics too??? LOL!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Step to 2, actually I believe he does. :D But do you want to drive to Wilmington to go to him? lol

easy child would switch but she likes her fam/pediatrician/ob doctor. He's all in one and she doesn't think she can beat that. lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
Just FYI -

A lot of prescriptions can be gotten through the actual help-lines for free if you don't have insurance. This doctor sounds like he'd help you if you qualify financially - (each place is different) just download the paperwork.

I get Relpax from Pfizer and I have insurance...but the ins. does not recognize it as a drug they pay for - so Pfizer called it a hardship and covered it regardless. The things are $36 a tablet and help like nothing else when I get migraines.

Maybe theres a program(s) for yours?

Glad you will be joining the human race soon. ;)

I was in the corner givin' him the old stink eye----did you see me? hm?