Does anyone believe in the paranormal?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I believe. I've had too many life experiences from since I was very young NOT to believe in the "paranormal" and life after death. Although I don't believe it should be called "paranormal" necessarily. I just happen to think some people are more able to percieve these things than others. Sort of along the same lines as music/art ability, a talent for math ect.

I've watched Sylvia and I started to read one of her books. I think she's gifted, but I don't buy alot of what she says. Nothing against her, just based on my own experiences. She's interpreting HER own experiences. And one must keep that in mind while listening, reading her material. That said, I respect her quite a bit.

Hugs

DDD

Have you been watching the paranormal programs that are now on Court TV at night? Strange format, I think. My Dad was personal friends with a few occult experts so I have always accepted that the paranormal exists. Somehow, however, the television shows don't capture my attention. You all?? DDD

Jena

hi,

I so so so believe i really do. I myself have experienced strange things, as well as others in my family. when i buried my grandmother with whom i was very very close to 7 years ago now 2 years ago on christmas eve (which is usually when we would talk about recipes etc. for xmas day) my phone rang and the caller id on it was her last name with first initial. i picked it up was very sweet older lady who right away said oops i have the wrong number and then she said i really hope you have a great and happy christmas.

i couldn't hang up phone for few mintues after i just stood there.

i sooo believe and love medium

Jen

BusynMember

Sylvia Browne charges $700 for a reading :confused:. I'm not convinced that her gift is supposed to be used only for the wealthy. I'm not a big fan of hers because of that. Most charge $100-$300 an hour, if they're good, and that's high enough, but at least, if you want a reading, you can scrape it together. Also most offer $50/half hour.
I've read her books and she seems to really be able to communicate with the other life, but I can't get over her fee...lol.

DammitJanet

I have had one semi strange experience myself and Jamie had one. Mine was about a month or so before my oldest son was born. This was back before they did ultrasounds as a normal course for pregnancies so I really didnt know what I was having. My first husband had coal black hair and brown eyes so one would assume my child would have at least brown hair and eyes. I dreamed that this little blond headed blue eyed boy of about 2 years old was talking to me and calling me Momma. Ends up that little boy looked exactly like Billy when he was 2!

Now Jamies experience was even weirder.

Tony's father was paralyzed in a timber cutting accident before Jamie was born. In fact Jamie is named after the man but Jamie only met him one time and that was when he was an infant. There is no way he could have remembered him.

Jamie had to have a upper GI series done when he was 10 and they did twilight sedation. When he came out from under sedation he described seeing his Grandpa James sitting in his wheelchair with his quilt on his lap...and he described the man to a T! There are no pictures of him anywhere. A year or so later his aunt gave Jamie that quilt because it had the initials JM stitched on the quilt.

mom23gsfg

a couple of years ago i overdosed, on the way to the hos the paramedics lost me a few times(which i didnt know this until later the next day)i saw light and then my grandmother came to me in a flowing blue dress and told me it was not my time that everything would be ok and smiled at me and told me if i did this again she would give me some tea for worring her (her lingo fo the switch when i was younger)
a few weeks later i asked my mom what my granny had been buried in since i was not allowed at her funeral due to the fact everyone thought i was too young....
yep a long blue dress

BusynMember

It's these inexplicable stories that make me sure that we go on. When there is no way to know, but we "know" anyways, what else can it be? Great stories, Janet and Jen.

DDD

My Mother woke my Dad up at 1 AM and told him to answer the door as the bell was ringing. Dad went and there was nobody there. A few hours later the doorbell rang with a telegram informing Mom that her Dad had passed away at 1 AM in Wisconsin.

by the way, the Paranormal TV program is on A&E..not Court TV. DDD

WiscKaren

I believe in an afterlife. I'm not sure about Heaven, but I definately believe there is something waiting for us on the other side.

Not too long ago, I was struggling about what life is really about. I said to myself, "Mom, if you can hear me, I need you now more than ever before. I need to know that everything will work out (re: daughter)". That night, for the first time, I dreamt of her since she passed. It was soooooooo real. Her voice, her laughter....and she asked about the baby (my grandson) and she just said, "Take care of him. He has to be your priority." I woke up shaking, but her smell stayed with me all day.

..and now another story. Not too long before my mom passed, I was sitting outside in a public place. I said, "God, if you are real, send me a preacher. I need to talk to someone who can give me guidance." Not 5 minutes later, a man walked by me (in street clothes). He stopped, turned around, came over to me and said, "I'm a Minister. Do you need to talk?" Whoa!!!!!!!

..and then when my mother in law passed in the hospital, it was a rainy and overcast day. I knew her last breath was coming (by the change in her skin color). All of a sudden, the clouds opened up and this ray of light came into the room, right upon her. She took her last breath at that moment. And again, the clouds closed and it started raining again. And my husband's watch stopped at that exact moment, never to work again.

I do believe. There is something after this life.

susiestar

Roll With It
Not sure if this is "paranormal" or not, but one of my nieces has always been able to predict sex, hair and eye color. She has had very very few instances out of over 100 predictions where she was wrong. She was 2 when she started this, just walked up and told her mommy what her little sis would look like. No one even knew her mom was pregnant (not even Mom!!). she has done it with friends of family friends, people from church, etc... Now, at almost 17, she is in a program where she will do high school AND a nursing degree. She plans to use her nursing degree to get $$$ to pay for medication school to be an ob/gyn!!!

She is an amazing young woman.