Does anyone have a Facebook page?

everywoman

This board and facebook are two separate entities in my cyberworld. Facebook is very "social". This is my sanctuary. I, personally, would never mention this site on a very open forum with my name attached. It would be, in my humble opinion, very unethical to do so. I care for each of you too much to jeopardize what we have here. But I would also like to add anyone who wants to be "friends." PM me for my info and you can search for me.

klmno

Well, I guess technically I have a facebook page now- although, other than 2 guys whose names popped up from my high school, I have nothing on the page! they are lsited as friends and that probably looks like I know them very well. LOL! I was going to see if I could spruce it up a bit, get my settings right, then invite whomever is interested. But, I tried looking at some other peoples' pages and it doesn't look like anyone spruces them up.

As far as being discreet about private info, I would hope that's the policy. I noticed that I can search other people in my profession, so they obviously can end up coming across my page even if they aren't specifically searching for me.

I still haven't figured out what on earth there is to do on there for long periods of time, after the initial school searches are done.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I am a Facebook addict :) I have gotten back in touch with a ton of high school people, and love the status update stuff... and uploads gobs of photos. If you want me to come show you the ropes.. I'd be happy to!

No, people don't know you've searched for them. And they can either accept or ignore a friend request from you.. as you can from them.

donna723

I don't really have a lot of 'friends' on there either, but from what I've seen, it's not a place where people come to spill their inner feelings and talk about problems. It's more silly stuff and sharing pictures, etc. My daughter posted all their vacation pictures and now all the pictures of their new baby, and my cousin gives all the details of the big wedding she's planning and how they're all complaining where she works because they changed to cheap 1-ply toilet paper in the ladies rooms!

I don't think I would want my co-workers on there as 'friends' ... just because. I have my daughter and sister in law, two old friends from high school and a few assorted cousins - that's it. I don't have anyone on there that I don't actually know personally, because I really don't care where these people went to dinner or what movie they saw and what they thought of it!

klmno

Is there a way to send one PM to several people here at once?
(Really- my page is pretty boring right now- isn't there a way to spruce it up?)

everywoman

Facebook is not like MySpace. You don't decorate your page. I think when you see other pages, you'll understand a little better. It will be filled soon enough. People send things to each other. You "follow" people. They post what they are doing, their thoughts, etc. and friends respond. On your profile, you can read those. On your home page, you can read what others have said to each other. I know that seems odd, but it works. You can also send people a pm, like you do here. Other peoples pictures show up---and you can add things people send to your profile.

KTMom91

Miss KT felt I needed to step into the 21st century, and so...I now have a Facebook page. I'm not sure what to do with it, but I have it. Now I just have to pry her happy butt off the computer long enough to figure it out.

Since she's only going to school half days for graduation practice, she's been driving me crazy, and I can barely get on to check this board!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Looks like I may have to join Facebook. lol easy child has been bugging me to do it forever and I've just never gotten around to it.