Does anyone remember MissMel? - Update

KFld

I do not remember her, but I am still sending her my thoughts and prayers. Any member of this board, past or present, deserves our prayers always.

'Chelle

I'm so sorry to hear of the troubles in her life right now. Sending prayers and best wishes for better times and better health.

Estherfromjerusalem

Sending Missmel my best wishes for a speedy recovery. What an awful thing to happen, just when she has so much else going on in her life. Hope things improve for her.

Love, Esther

DammitJanet

I finally got to talk to her a for a little bit this afternoon. I tried all day yesterday and couldnt get up with her.

She said the MRI should some abnormalities but that they wont tell her what is wrong just that they want her seen by a neurosurgeon. She still has the cervical collar on and they said that they cant remove it until the neuro guy is there and he can take it off while she is under xrays...something like that.

My best guess is they are thinking some sort of cervical fracture which is why they are taking so many precautions.

From what I have been told about the accident, she flipped the car 1 and a half times, hit a pole and it went 20 feet after she hit it! She really must have been moving. Its a wonder she is alive.

I have passed along your good wishes. Thanks.

DammitJanet

She is home now. She has fractures of the vertebra in the cervical area but I cant remember which ones. She will be in a collar for a while then the neuro will decide if surgery is needed.