Does anyone remember Squirt soda - like fresca but with calories?

susiestar

Roll With It
If anyone remembers this, and likes it, I have a RECIPE for it!!! It makes a very refreshing drink for summer. Here it is:

In a medication bowl or pitcher put:

1 1/2 c sugar
1/8 tsp True Lemon
3/4 c corn syrup
1/4 c boiling water

Stir well

Add 1 1/2 c grapefruit juice (room temp) and stir well until all sugar is dissolved.

At this point you can put it into an ice cream maker for a tart sorbet. May want to leave the TrueLemon out for the sorbet, or add club soda or water to dilute a bit.

Back to Squirt:

Put the grapefruit mix into the fridge until chilled. then mix 1 cup of the grapefruit with 4 cups water (or club soda for a bubbly drink). Stir the grapefruit mix before you measure it out.

I like to garnish wtih maraschino cherries.

and finally, I have a drink the kids leave ALONE!!!

It is also good mixed with ice tea instead of the water or club soda, but that is MY development!

Susie

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I just saw it recently I think, things are a blur these days. But I think they make it in grape and citrus and a cherry variety. I am in NJ, so maybe it's a regional thing.

dreamer

Yum, sounds good, but, LOL, my kids like squirt and fresca, so I am not sure my kids would leave this alone, LOL

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
We get squirt here ~ both regular & diet. So I think I'll bypass your recipe & pick it up at the store. :cheers::happyguy:

You always have such fascinating recipes susie - where do you find these things?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Now I have my mission of the day when I go into work. (My mission should be doing the LOADS of laundry and cleaning the house, but a person has to have priorities.) I remember Squirt quite well. I'll see if we carry it.

Abbey

SRL

Squirt is on the market at all of my stores here and I buy it often. It would be fun making something similar though--thanks for sharing.

susiestar

Roll With It
I can't find it regularly here. I can't have fresca, though I remember loving it. I love graperfruits, always have.

As to where I get the recipes, all SORTS of places. and then I tweak them.

Susie

witzend

Is truelemon the same as realemon? 1/8 teaspoon doesn't seem like enough flavor to me if it is realemon. I'd like to try the sorbet. I love sorbet.

I want to try to make blood orange sorbet. YUM!

dreamer

I think Truelemon is crystalized lemon/lemon juice. I have some here, it came in a box of little envelopes. and it is dry, not liquid?

susiestar

Roll With It
Realemon is lemon juice in a bottle. TrueLemon is lemon juice that has been dehydrated. It is wonderful. Also comes in Lime and now orange. You can use the unsweetened lemonade flavor drink mix instead.

Abbey

Spork Queen
We have it! I'm not a soda drinker, but I did buy a six pack today. Mission accomplished. (No laundry done.):confused:

Abbey