does this casserole look familiar to anyone?

ctmom05

'Morning,

I had the chance to sample a casserole that was really good and now I want to make it. I am not able to track down the person who made it, but maybe a visitor here will recognize this dish.

The casserole contained black eye peas, turnip, bell pepper and had a cornbread type of topping.

Can anyone fill in the missing pieces for this recipe?

klmno

I don't recall ever seeing/eating anything like that. There was a website posted here once where you could put ingredients in and recipes using those ingredients would pop up. I don't have much time this morning- if I can find it later today and no one has answered your question, I'll post it for you. It might come up with 10 recipes, but you could look thru them and see which one sounds closest to what you tried.

susiestar

Roll With It
Put the ingredients into recipezaar.com and see what pops up. They are a pretty complete recipe source, at least as far as I can see. I have luck there.

Good luck. maybe experimenting with those items and a jiffy cornbread mix will lead you to a new and better casserole?

ctmom05

Thanks for jumping in to help ladies.

I did try recipezaar and will keep the site on hand for future use. I found the recipe link by using google.

KTMom91

Interesting recipe. I may try it for New Year's Day, since I read somewhere that eating black eyed peas was good luck...and I could definitely use some!