Does your "fun" reading turn into difficult child "learning"?

tammyjh

So, I watched Pride and Prejudice for the 5th or 6th time...the Kierra Knightly version. Decided to read up a bit on Jane Austen and checked out a book about her from the library. I noticed that a lot of her letters to family were descriptions about people...one person she talked about talked of nothing but horses...obsessed with horses SO...me being who I am...I think Asperger's Syndrome. Go the computer and google "Jane Austen +Aspeger's Syndrome" and what do I find? Many many links and one that talked about a book that was recently written about how Jane Austen based her characters on family and friends and that her descriptions in Pride and Prejudice are a pretty good description of Asperger's Syndrome. As the forward was written by Tony Attwood, I had to order the book and its actually quite fascinating. So...my "fun" reading ended me back up where I frequently go...reading about Asperger's Syndrome:laughing:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Absolutely Tammy! I just read a bio on Warren Buffett because I was curious about the man. Man,oh,man is he an ASpie.

by the way, the Kiera Knightly version of Pride and Prejudice is my husband's all time favorite. He loves to tell me "you have bewitched me, body and soul". LOL. The phrase is not a Jane Austen phrase but it appeals to husband.

N

Nomad

I got so obsessed with difficult child stuff, for years I only read information on her disorder. And today, I don't have a lot of time for "fun" reading. However, when I do...yep...it often turns into difficult child "learning."