Doggy hurt her paw. Any suggestions?

BusynMember

Obviously vet isn't in now.

Chloe was sitting in the window looking out when I heard her jump and squeak and then start to cry and lick her paw. She won't walk on it and doesn't want us to touch it. We looked but couldn't see anything. Any ideas what to do to make her comfortable overnight? Right now she is on the bed licking it. I don't know whether to go buy some baby aspirin or wrap it or just let her be. Not sure what happened. Didn't see it.

Dog lovers...help?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It might be she stepped on it wrong or something. Dogs can do this just like people can........Molly would once in a while. I'd notice a limp.....she would lick.......usually the next day it was better and no limp.

Did her pads look dry and cracked? Could she have gotten a cockle burr stuck in one or something? Molly had a time once when she did this and her pads were dry (like people's hands/feet get) there is this salve you can get in a tin at walmart to rub onto the pad. It's medicated. It works. It lasts for freaking EVER. lol

Hope there is no need to take her the the vet.

muttmeister

Could she have caught a toenail and ripped it? My dogs do this occasionally and the licking is what they do after. If so, it will heal by itself but if it bleeds you might want to have it looked at as the vet might prescribe an antibiotic to keep it from getting infected. It could just be cracked and sore. Keeping their toenails clipped prevents this but sometimes they get away from me.

susiestar

Roll With It
If you give her aspirin buy the more expensive coated aspirin. Enteric coated is what it is called. Otherwise it will eat her tummy alive and can easily give her ulcers, esp if she is a little dog.

I hope she feels better soon.

BusynMember

Thanks to all three of you. I was very nervous about my little girl last night and I lay next to her while she laid down and held up her paw. This morning she woke up and started walking on it like nothing was wrong!!!! I think she was faking for attention :)) J/K!!! I'm very relieved.