Don't Carpe Diem

buddy

I shared this on facebook. I can relate to counting the blessings among the struggles to try to get through a day. I think making that the definition of a good day is a cool idea.

Star*

call 911........call 911
And we all know which one of us was complimented for the kid peeing in the corner.......UGH.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
That was beautifully written. I think I am one of those older ladies with their hand on their heart. Raising premature, hyperactive twin boys was often a hellish experience. The first time I tried to walk down the driveway to the mailbox with two toddlers took me 45 mns. When we went to the supermarket, I felt like I was shopping with an octopus, how did all those unwanted products end up in my cart? How did I ever survive those very public tantrums?

Now that they are grown and out of the house, all I can remember is the sound of their bubbling laughter. The exhaustion, the feelings of maternal failure are gone. I have never given birth, but maybe parenting these boys was like the agonizing pains of labor followed by the joys and relief of a healthy delivery.