Don't even look at me the wrong way

flutterby

Fly away!
Have you ever felt like that? You're just so irritable that you want to come out of your skin and it builds and builds and the littlest thing will set you off?

It has taken every bit of my self control to not let it out. But, I have been so bleeping irritable since I had the colonoscopy. I have missed a couple of doses of medications because I've slept so much. They had to hit me twice with versed just to get me under and again when I came to during the procedure. My days and nights got totally messed up and I am just now finally back on a day schedule.

This feels just like it does when I miss aygestin for 3 or 4 days, but I haven't missed it that long, or even 2 days in a row. My mom says that it's probably because the prep cleaned me out so thoroughly that it probably messed up my body chemistry and is going to take time to get back to normal.

It better be soon cause I can't stand being in my skin.

easy child's alarm started going off at 8am and he kept hitting the snooze. After an hour I told him to either get up or turn it off. It was like fingernails on a chalkboard. Ugh. I hate feeling like this. I feel toxic.

And don't even get me started on trying to call a national organization and their automated system. ARGH!!!!!!!! :919Mad:

nvts

Hey Heather! I wish you were feeling better - I've been a screamin' demon for the last week or two. I watched "Nanny 911" last night on one of those obscure channels and I just kept thinking "oh ****, that's me!"

Your mom may be onto something about the clearing of the system - you might want to call your prescribing docs and see if there's something you can do!

Sending "good juju" to you and hope you'll feel better soon. Send easy child for chocolate - it cures all ills!

me

N

Nomad

After my colonoscopy, I was totally wiped out.
I thought after reading the posts here...perhaps a blood sugar issue.
I dunno.
It took me several days to feel okay.
A week or two to feel right again.
I think for me, I had to get plenty of rest, take vitamins, avoid stress, drink plenty of water, etc.
That medication was like an assault on my body or something.
However, it did pass in time.
Go to the store and get a B Complex (if you are not taking this already) and take it before bed.
If you are not taking one, make sure you also take a multi vitamin.
If multis bother your tummy...try one of those "gel" ones for kids...I really doubt that will bother your stomach.
Drink extra water all day long.
Go to bed a little earlier than usual...perhaps drink a little warm milk before bed.
Take a little walk in the morning sunshine.
A little coffee in the morning if you are groggy...maybe a 1/2 a cup.'
All these "littles" end up making a big difference I think.
This too shall pass.

crazymama30

I was that way after my tubal about a month ago. I had versed and a general for that. I chalked it up to missing my supplements and not excercising and journalling for a month. When I mentioned it to my therapist she said some people get that way from anesthics(sp) but maybe it could be the versed?

I am much better now, after 3 weeks of being back on my supplements and excercising (my way of stress relief. it is that or I kill people) and journalling I am better. Hope it gets better for you soon. Your mom could be right too, what she says seems reasonable to me.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I was going to read your post - but then I thought -

Am I supposed to read it? Or not look her way? :tongue:

So this is ME....NOT looking at YOU.....:ashamed:

But hoping that you have a better day....and COMPLETELY and UTTERLY, like 1 billion trillion percent understanding EXACTLY what you mean if by no other means than post title only.

I have PMDD and I'm NOT afraid to use it.

Hugs

Abbey

Spork Queen
My thoughts are with you. No one is going down in that nether region for me. I give you props for doing so.

Take the time to rest.

Abbey

tiredmommy

I understand completely. While I wasn't particularly irritable after my last colonoscopy, I didn't feel right in my skin. I had trouble remembering things for several weeks. I hope it clears up quickly for you.

flutterby

Fly away!
Well, the day didn't get much better. :mad:

easy child's girlfriend and I went to my mom's to get our hair done. I was waaaaaaay overdo for a color and girlfriend needed a trim. So we get that done, I got a trim and my mom did my hair for me - something that is never done and I don't have the strength in my arms to do anything more than pull it up in barrettes.

So, she did my hair with hot rollers and it looks sooooo pretty. My mom is 45 minutes away and we had to pick up difficult child from school, so we leave with plenty of time. It was nowhere near rush hour, but we got stuck in traffic and were 10 minutes late getting to the school. :mad: It didn't help that I was behind someone all the time that didn't know how to keep their car at a constant speed. :mad:

Pick up difficult child and she asks, "What did you do to your hair???" "Nana did it with hot rollers. You like it?" "No." Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

School open house was tonight and they have it set up where you follow your child's schedule and spend 10 minutes in each class. They even announced over the PA when the class is over and again when you should be in your next class. Come on. I'm not 14. But, anyway..... It was good because I got to clarify a lot of things with difficult child's teachers. She either takes things too literally or only hears part of what has been said and all I knew was that she was not allowed to bring textbooks home. (Not true.) And some other stuff. girlfriend went with us and easy child called her from his break at work to tell her he's having a horrible day, blah, blah, blah. So, that started something else.

So, we leave there, stop at the pharmacy to pick up my medications and come home. easy child gets home shortly after and is in a really bad mood because of work. He hates his job, but he also has some maturity issues. IOW, he doesn't seem to understand that you can't talk to one of your bosses like you would your friends and he got called out about something he said. He still doesn't get it. He said the B word that is popular among teen boys these days. Not the word you're thinking of. Think of a round object that kids play with. Only plural. And he said that when a supervisor told him he needed to go do X. And when you try to tell him that it's inappropriate to talk like that at work, he just gets mad and defensive. And he's absolutely positive there is something wrong with his car, even though the mechanics had it for 3 days and could find nothing. We hear about that everyday, too. Louder on days he's already in a mood. He's a bit anal about his car.

This is going on while I'm helping difficult child with her science homework. She is tired, cranky and frustrated because she doesn't understand it and I explained it a dozen different ways. She was shutting down. Then she was saying that she needs something so she can focus because she zones out when people are talking. Then she said that's it's not that, it's that she's not hearing what is being said now because she's still thinking about what you said 30 seconds ago. When I took her for her most recent speech evaluation, I told them I wanted an evaluation for auditory processing and nothing has happened so I guess I'm going to have to do something about that. She's also due this year for her IEP re-evaluation and I might bring it up then. But, she's frustrated, slamming books down, etc. easy child is talking to me while I'm trying to help difficult child and difficult child can't deal with too much going on at once. And, frankly, I no longer can either with my cognitive issues. girlfriend is frustrated with easy child and the work thing and frustrated over dealings with her mom earlier today so she had no patience for easy child's mood. Don't blame her.

And I'm not even going into dealing with that stupid national organization first thing this morning. :mad::mad:

THIS IS NOT A PLEASANT HOUSE TO BE IN TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!