Don't give me a day off. (STAR!!)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Abbey, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Ok. It's my day off, but I still wake up at 3am. Here's my little photo shoot that you have to look at the pictures in reverse to get the story. Right to left. Darn it all...I should have shot this in a corner. Starbie's donkey got out!!

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/Abbey888/

Abbey

2. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

3. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Okay...I added a few more. This gets tricky as I can't figure out how to move the photos around.

View the first three in reverse, then the last few in reverse. It DOES tell a story. ;)

Abbey

4. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

:rofl:

Abbey I've got to ask.......where did you get the little elephant?? I go nutso for elephants. He's adorable!! :D The donkey is awfully cute too, by the way.

5. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

They were actually Christmas gifts that I gave to my grandmother as a child. I have tons of them that were given to me upon her death. I'd save for months to buy a dollar figurine to give to her. They sit on my shelf in my office and I looked over this morning and thought...hmmm...I could tell a story here.

I also have a huge collection of tiny salt and pepper shakers that I gave to her. You'd think one was enough, but for some reason I kept buying them for her.

Abbey

6. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

LOL you kept buying them for her because I'm sure she made a big deal out of liking them. :) My kids did that with my Mom.......she's got a whole box of nothing but little knick knacks they bought her from Santa's Secret Shop at school.........Which I'm sure they'll get them all back again once she passes. lol

I was only able to save up to buy my grandma one gift. It was for her 65th birthday.....which for some reason was a huge deal in our family. I bought her a pretty pair of clip on earrings (she refused to pierce her ears). I remember hunting for just the right gift until my step dad nearly had a nervous breakdown. lol Which explains how I got the money.......he probably gave me a dozen odd jobs to do for it. I was so proud of that gift. Gosh, I think I was only 5 at the time. lol

Those earrings are sitting in my jewelry box. lol :)

7. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Well NOW it makes sense.

The Budda, the new purse, the blurting out Mandarin.....the random use of sporks.....the chatting with total strangers. I'm a donkey pawn in another dimension.....running FREeeeee and wild with reckless abandon chatting with Godzilla sporks, and making new friends at 4:00 in the morning.

I KNEW IT WAS YOU!!! ;)

I'm just havin' a () trouble with that last group photo - you know the one of all of us chatting where you're pretending to be the heavenly body with wings? I ain't buyin' it sista. :laugh: Now if you'd been a bowling pin? MAYBE. :tongue:

GREAT STORY.....Luv ya.

8. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

I am heavenly and innocent.:tongue:

Abbey

9. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

I'll have to look from home...dang our new security...

But I wanted to tell you...as the owner of a fairly large collection of Loony Toon salt and pepper shakers given to me by a very special child....I'll bet your grandma adored every one of those figurines.

10. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

As we all are. :angel:

11. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

...uh...Abbey....is it time for your medications to be adjusted?

:rofl:

Suz

12. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Work with me Stang.

Abbey

13. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

What???

We are!

snort

14. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Well, Suz...an adjustment might be good. But, since I'm not on any that would be a problem. :) They'd be adjusting my milk intake and that would make me REALLY angry.