Don't know if I should

muttmeister

laugh hysterically, be mad and curse till the sky turns blue, or just give up.:mad:

This is the first Thanksgiving we've spent at my house in about 20 years or so; usually go to KC and spend it with my cousin. difficult child 2 and family were going to be here for Thanksgiving this year instead of going to OK to see her family so we decided to stay here and I would cook dinner. I've cleaned, baked, cooked, etc. for several days. Got a 20 pound turkey, did the whole bit.

They were supposed to come around 1 and we'd eat by 2. I got up early today, got the turkey in the oven, worked all morning ... actually enjoying it. So difficult child called around 1:30 and said, "We're not coming." (They only live around the corner from me) After yelling a few choice words I had the stupidity to ask why. difficult child's wife (she's bipolar) was mad at difficult child because he washed a load of socks and used up all of the hot water so she couldn't take a shower so she decided to stay in bed.:faint: KNowing difficult child, there may be more to the story but still....

I figured he wasn't coming so I went on with the dinner (would be only my mother and me). I was planning on having difficult child lift the turkey out of the roaster but since he wasn't here I tried to do it myself. Caught the end of the roaster with the rack and poured ALL of the juice on the floor. (That's what I use to make the gravy).:mad: At least the dogs had a good treat. I suppose they'll probably have the runs from that but at this point a poopy dog is the least of my worries.

After several phone calls difficult child finally decided to come with out wife and bring two of the three grand kids (not the baby). We ate and I sent them home.

Next year I'm going to beg my cousin to let me come back to her house. I don't plan to cook anymore holiday meals unless somebody else is coming besides them.

I'm such a good person I even sent daughter in law a plate of food. It's a good thing I didn't have rat poison in the house or I might not have been able to control myself.

Happy Thanksgiving.:whiteflag:

muttmeister

I was wrong; I didn't have a poopy dog. Instead, he threw up on the bed. So now, before I can go to bed I have to wash the mattress pad, sheets, blanket, and bedspread.

Gee, what a shame Thanksgiving only comes once a year.

But I still think my dogs are better kids than my kids. LOL

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww...Mutt!!! Puke on the bed is no good. Do they not realize it's Thanksgiving? They don't need to give that part.

Sorry for the cruddy day.

Heck, I'm going to bed.

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm sorry it was such a rotten day but trust me.....you do NOT want a poopy dog on top of everything else. Especially one that is sudden, no warning poopy.

jal

Our small BT puked on my mothers hand made looped oriental today (Homemade - by her circa late 80's early 90's), Thanksgiving Day (today). (Thankfully, she did all the work - a long time ago - and wasn't mad).

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, well crud. :(

Even Nichole and boyfriend can manage to show up on time for a holiday meal, even if he does try to PO her at every opportunity.

Why do animals pick the most awful places to toss their cookies?

easy child is doing dinner tomorrow. husband had a cow cuz he had to dig thru the junk in the family room to give her my electric roaster. She went out of here loaded down with it and some big pans. lol

(((hugs)))

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry your son and his wife made the holiday so challenging. The spilled juices and dogs getting sick are about what have happened to us most years.

I hope your Christmas plans can be made so that they do NOT revolve around difficult children.

Hugs.