Don't poke Mama Bear when she's having a bad day!

Mom2oddson

I have had a very bad day. The raise that I was promised to have the beginning of August to bring me up to the same pay as my co-workers still hasn't shown up. I'm not happy.

Got Mr. Ant to sign the papers to release his interest in the car yesterday. Found out that he pulled the stereo out of it.

Sent him a text saying "hey, can't sell the car without the stereo, either bring it back or give us money to replace it"...

He called his Dad and dumped all sorts of venom on him, enough that husband hung up on him. Then we both get a text about how we dumped him on the streets with no shelter, no food, (dshs called yesterday so that they could turn on his EBT card) no transportation. All because he didn't come home one night. And on and on about how we were liars and don't keep our word and so on and so on and so on until Mama Bear had enough!!!

Mr Ant, the "man" of 200+ texts a day.... just had his phone suspended. I am SO DONE with him!!

And that will teach him not to Push My Buttons!!!

Thanks, I needed to vent that out. I am so spun up, I could scream!

Mom2oddson

Didn't turn it off quite fast enough. He got in one last text.....

What about the money you owe Me??

Uhhh?? What kind of delusions does he have? How can he think that WE owe HIM money?? Let's see, we've been, until a few minutes ago, paying for his cell phone since he was 17. He's borrowed money left and right. He emptied out all our gas cans. His lived in out house for Free, used our hot water, ate our food, used our laundry room, etc...

...... I got it! I know where he would think we owe him money. He make 3 payments on the car before we took it from him. Even though we took it because we didn't want to be tied to a drug user is besides the point. He made those payments so I'm sure he thinks we owe it back to him. That I could see. That is something that his entitled brain would think of.

InsaneCdn

So. If, when the car is sold, there is anything left over, is there some way to figure out the "principal" portion of the payments? Because THAT would be the max entitlement... and only if there's actually something left over.

susiestar

Roll With It
Hon, he thinks you owe him money because he breathes. that is ALL the justification he needs in his entitled brain. Ignore it, do not turn that phone back on, and get out of his games. Just let him go live his life on his own if you can. I am sorry he is like this, but don't forget that all the entitlement honestly has some of them thinking they are owed $$ for just breathing. been there done that with gfgbro and Wiz. Heck, gfgbro periodically tries to tell my parents they can't buy this or go there because they are spending his inheritance!!!

I tell them to write the will saying they spent every red cent before they died. Dad won't, but I wouldn't mind if he did.

InsaneCdn

I tell them to write the will saying they spent every red cent before they died. Dad won't, but I wouldn't mind if he did.
My parents took out life insurance when they retired... specifically, with fully-paid-up premiums, to something like age 100.
Their thinking was... this way, the kids still get "something" no matter what else happens... and then, they are "free" (in themselves) to spend the rest of what they have any way they want, and if there is anything more left over, well, that's fine, but doesn't have to be planned for. difficult child bro, of course, doesn't quite see it that way!

keista

Congrats!

I think you got it right about the car payments. That's exactly the way husband thinks. Spooky how these minds all work alike.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
It's spooky how alike some of our kids' reactions are... it's like there's a difficult child playbook somewhere...

Ya dun good, Mom. Why pay for a cell that he's using to harass you?

donna723

I would consider those three car payments to be "rent" for using the car during that time period. Insurance usually considers "rent" to be about $30/day so you can figure it up and send him a bill!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Don't turn his phone back on.

You did good.

Now, when a moment of weakness creeps up (and trust me it will from time to time), remember today. It will help you to remember to just say NO. No more. Nada. Not happening.

Hugs