Don't slight my board friends!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
As many of you know, H and I are not exactly on kind terms. (That's putting it lightly.) So tonight I come home after a LONG day and the inlaws come over. Sigh. I just wanted to sit down and relax. mother in law asks how the book is going. H says, "Well, if she ever worked on it, it would be finished. But no, she spends all her time with her imaginary friends on the board. When have you ever met one?" (Obviously he's so out of touch with my life that he doesn't remember the numerous times.)

I nearly lost it. Actually, I did lose it.

I stood up, grabbed the stack of cards and tossed them at him. (Sorry guys.):ashamed: Imaginary? You want imaginary? How many cards have YOU received? Zippo. Nada. None. I guess playing World of Warcraft isn't that fruitful.

Where is my giant spork when I need it?

In the background are the inlaws kind of thumbing their fingers.

Whoops.

Abbey

klmno

Hey!! He wants IMAGINARY friends- HA!! really- Abbey- don't get too worried- we ARE real people here. That hoovers- what a dumb thing for him to say- I can't even think of words that I can type here to respond to that. Hang on- you really are not hallucinating- or at least, if you are, there are about another 100 people here that are too.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oooh, those are fighting words.
husband made the mistake of saying something stupid like that one time.
Not pretty.
I told him the options were: psychiatric ward or my *Friends*.

Abbey, H is not trying very hard is he? Are you getting any peace now? Sorry your home should not be a battle ground.
You can throw my card any time, if it is used to make a great point!!!
This place is better than Prozac!!! Of course most outsiders would not understand this.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well this imaginary friend just dumped her can of soda all over her desk trying to get to the keyboard to reply. Now I am not just angry on your behalf but sticky. Hmpf.

Hugs

beth

Fran

Former desparate mom
Doesn't sound like he is being very kind to the woman he is supposed to love.
Criticism from someone who has less on the ball is infuriating. Hold that mirror up to his face and let him see who he really is before he criticizes you.

Glad you gave him an earful.

Jena

Abbey - That is jealousy talking, LOUD and CLEAR!! He knows the importance of this place in your life, and it's meaning, hence his comment. He's obviously jealous of your enormous capabilities (his own insecurities) between the book, the promotion at work, us here. Men are well, I can't use the words here I'll get bleeped!! LOL

Watching all the cards come for you, not him. Where's that bag of rice to toss at him when you need it??? :)

((hugs to you)))

Andy

Abbey - Coal gifts are very common these days - go out today and get enough to fill his stocking. You can put one of our names on each piece of coal.

H sounds like a little kid who acts out around authority when mom and dad are around because he thinks mom and dad will allow it. Have you noticed he has gotten worse since moving there or whenever mother in law and father in law are around?

:invisible::invisible::invisible::invisible:

difficult child is lately trying to understand the phrase, "Seeing is believing and believing is seeing". I think he heard it on the Polar Express? Anyway, you can believe in us any way you see us.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, at 60, I must say that I love the idea of being someone's fantasy
:queen::cutie_pie::hellosoldier: ...

...but I never expected that person to be you, Abbey! :wink:

Hugs,
Suz

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Thats all that was within reach - a measly deck of cards? I surely would have bounced something off him that was really worthwhile

Rosanne (since I am a fantasy I can use whatever name I like right??)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Next year I'll send one of those old tin cards. Maybe I'll cut it in the shape of a throwing star.

When he gets hit by that, you can assure him its not real, cause it came from your imaginary friend, so it couldn't actually have hurt him.

In the words of wee difficult child on Christmas eve 3 years ago when Walgreens wouldn't print snapshots of our wedding....DUMBA$$.

crazymama30

So, if I am imagainary then my problems do not exist either, right? Is that bad or good?

Tell him he is just jelous of something that does not exist. How sick is that?

trinityroyal

Abbey, I'm so sorry that your H is being such a jerk. Feel free to throw my card anytime. If you use the hockey card technique you'll get a lot more distance and possibly some good aim.

(hold one corner of the card between index and middle fingers, with your thumb resting against the edge of the card. Bend your wrist in toward your body, and then release with a snap)

Getting whacked in the ear with the corner of a card can sting. Almost as much as H's nasty comments to you. If he's feeling inadequate, he should go sort himself rather than taking it out on you.

Sending many hugs for you, and lumps of coal for him.

Trinity

Lothlorien

Man, he sure knows how to get a woman's back up....He got several of ours up, that's for sure! The card thing....classic! Good one!

meowbunny

I'd love to be imaginary. It would mean no worries, no pain, no problems. Sounds good to me. However, I'm real. I laugh, smile, cry, fret, worry and even poop. PM your address and husband's name. I'll send him a very special card. Just make sure he opens it outside. It might be rather smelly. (I never said my poop didn't stink!).

HUGS for one piece of imagination to another.

Jena

Just had a thought if we're imaginary that means we can reinvent ourselves, huh...?? LOL

So, I live in a big house on the top of a hill surrounded by flowers............and the sky is blue, and .....................whose next??? LOL