Don't want to scare anyone but........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm getting ready to go to the ER.

Rough night last night. Chest pains/arm pain/jaw pain started with the dogs walk. This sometimes happens and I didn't worry too much about it. (I have symptoms of angina) Usually it goes away in about 20 mins. Last night though......it wouldn't really go away. Not to mention I felt really weird in the head. I mean it would get better so I'd think it passed but as soon as I got up to do something, like take Maggie out, it would hit me again.

By midnight I was in misery.......and debating on whether I could drive myself to the ER. I dug out the blood pressure cuff and took my b/p.....which was 210/118 the first time. I thought the thing was acting up.........so I took it again......third time, well it was not acting up. I was not paying 500.00 up for an ambulance. easy child was asleep because she had to work this morning. I know I took a big risk, but I went to bed.

Did not feel much better when I woke a bit ago this morning. B/p cuff so far won't take the pressure. (sometimes it won't if it's too high) I'm having twinges of chest pain, but nothing like last night. But then I haven't done anything physical except take the dogs out.

I remember what husband went through. I let easy child know this morning. She called off and is on her way home to take me to her ER. We're playing it safe. (and skipping the middle man-local ER)

Star*

call 911........call 911
WOMAN..............CALL 911..........seriously - must I tell YOU this........? (and you're the genius in the family huh? ) grumbles off to get the book on CPR........honestly woman........(still grumbling) 30 compressions with arms straight.......to 15 breaths......between the nipples, clear the air way, tilt the head back....bony part of the chin............AED? Nope..........and one, two, three........GET an APRRIN........now.......and get to the hopsital.......HOUND I NEEED YOU K?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie, trust me. easy child can get me there faster than an ambulance. I'm in the boonies remember? A trip straight to her hospital is faster than hitting our middle man at our ER, then being transported.

And symptoms this morning are fairly mild, which is why I can type this...............last night on the other hand, was severe enough I wasn't thinking too clearly to be honest.

susiestar

Roll With It
You are being penny wise and pound foolish to not go get help last night. getting help as soon as the problem starts means you need LESS help and that help is LESS EXPENSIVE. You may have saved $500 from an ambulance ride but you likely incurred several THOUSAND dollars more in expenses to treat a problem that has had the whole night to do more damage to you. This means you may need more medications, more interventions, and longer term help because there is more damage to be fixed. Seriously, Lisa, you know better.

I wonder what easy child had to say about it??? I bet she would have GLADLY and EAGERLY given up those hours of sleep for more time with you, esp after losing her dad so recently. Ditto Nichole.

I am glad you are going to the good hospital and not the local ER. That IS important.

PLEASE don't be so foolish if this happens again. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

DDD

You're on my prayer list.........and I don't usually even have one, lol. I'm not going to rag on you just please have easy child let us know what's going on this morning. Hugs. DDD

T

TeDo

Glad you're FINALLY on your way but ready to kick your a** for waiting. Seriously, what were you thinking? That you missed husband so much you HAD to join him?!? PLEASE, don't be such an idiot next time. Oh, and I hope all turns out well and that too much damage wasn't done (by waiting).

donna723

I'm so glad that you're going to get help but I agree with the others, easy child wouldn't have minded if you called her last night. You are in my prayers and I am hoping that this turns out to be nothing to worry about.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I posted this in the circle of support, but here is a copy, so everyone knows:

I just got a text from her easy child, they're at the hospital and her EKG looks ok. BiPolar (BP) is high, and right now they are waiting on her bloodwork results.

easy child will keep me informed.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Whoops! Missed this post.

She is staying overnight, they are doing a stress test tomorrow and if it's OK, she goes home. BiPolar (BP) was very high (I can't remember exactly but 200+/110) but bloodwork came back OK.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hi this is Lisa's easy child. :)

Just wanted to let you know that she still had some chest pain last night and this morning and had her stress test earlier. She's just waiting for some final scans this afternoon. I also asked her (and Nichole) to ask the doctor to do a CAT scan in case it is a pulmonary embolism or something with her arm (where she had her broken shoulders from the accident years and years ago).

I was very frustrated, to say the least, that she didn't at least call me or Nichole last night and that she wouldn't call the ambulance last night. She just got approved for medicaid so the money wouldn't have been an issue for the ambulance. Mom has this thing whenever stress hits (in any way) her mind goes completely and utterly blank on what she should do. I went ahead and took her to the hospital I worked at because she looked ok. If she hadn't we would have gone to a smaller one and transferred or called the ambulance when I got there. Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. Will keep you all updated!!!

T

TeDo

Thank you so much for letting us know what's going on. She's been duly scolded. Good thinking about the embolism. I just really hope they figure out what is causing the pain, even though it isn't as bad as the other night. She's so lucky to have you and Nichole to take care of her.