Double Whammy today

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Whammy #1. difficult child 2 earned himself an in-house suspension at school, supposedly to be administered tomorrow. After sucking up a boatload of teasing, taunting, and bullying last Wednesday, he snapped and went haywire, hitting and kicking a couple of well-deserving perpetrators.

The vice principal admitted that the adults involved (or NOT involved) dropped the ball big time, and the situation should never have been allowed to escalate like it did. She was very calm and sympathetic to difficult child 2 and his issues, but has to follow the rules and administer this consequence.

I'm just sad about the whole situation, because it all stems from difficult child 2 trying to make friends, trying to be included, but never really getting it right and the other kids not being sensitive to kids who are different. School said they were going to fix that.

They spent two hours today getting everyone's stories straight. Apologies were passed around the room. Irate parents will be contacted and the air cleared as to the true nature of THEIR kids' involvement. School psychologist will be more involved with difficult child 2 on a regular basis (like I ASKED FOR IN SEPTEMBER), he will get his recess mentor, playground duty aides and teachers will be SCHOOLED on how to handle situations like this in the future. Vice prinicpal will be vigilant.

I'm sad that it had to come to this, but glad that everyone's going to make sure the bullying stops and difficult child 2 gets the support he needs.

Whammy #2. husband got a call today that his '04 brain MRI was NOT normal afterall, that there IS an abnormality, and that the "spells" he's been having since '02 are epileptic seizures, NOT panic attacks, and he has to go in for more tests. He's not taking it very well. I'm just glad we're getting some answers which may lead to a fix for all this.

Hope these things don't come in three's. It's only Monday, for gosh-sakes!

:nonono:

i am so sorry about difficult child and husband hang in there atleast now you're getting some results

everything happens for a reason in my humble opinion

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry to hear about difficult child's in school suspension. Seems to me if things were handled so poorly by adults involved they should be sitting at the suspension! How frustrating.

I'm also sorry to hear about husband. I'm saying a prayer that things are better with him soon.

BusynMember

It makes me so mad that teachers don't do their jobs with our special kids (and they KNOW they need extra support) then when they're taunted to hell and back, they get punished for exploding. We TELL them, but they don't get it. I think verbal bullying is as or more brutal than physical attacks, but, hey, I'm just a mom. Big hugs to you and your child and hope your hub can start getting better too. Maybe these are two blessings in disguise. The school can't ignore your son anymore and your husband may not like getting help, but he'll have to and he'll start to get better. Thoughts are with you.