Dr Oz

Nancy

I am a big fan of Dr. Oz. This is what he says we should take everyday to stay young and healthy:

1 - Calcium with magnesium
2 - Vitamin D - 1000 units
3 - DHA omega 3 - 600 mg
4 - Multivitamin 1/2 in am and 1/2 in pm
5 - Baby aspirin 162 mg (2 baby aspirin)

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nancy,

Do you know what the significance is of taking 1/2 a multi vitamin in the am and the other 1/2 pm?

Very interesting.

Nancy

According to Oz it keeps the same amount of vitamins in your system all the time since it flushes out quickly.

Also he says to take 2 baby aspirins in case one doesn't work. Evidently some people are immune to one and two are better and still only half the dose of a regular one.

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nancy,

That makes sense about the vitamins. I will try that. The baby aspirin - is that for your heart? Or to thin your blood? I take 3 Bayer aspirin daily for migraine maintenance. Baby aspirin don't help with the headaches, but I can't see thinning my blood out any more than it is. I smelled some of that oil stuff last night - mm Okay THAT is going to take some getting used to. lol

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I love Dr. Oz. I love everything he has to say....even when he talks about poop! LOL

I take the calcium/magnesium, multivitamin (though not 1/2 twice a day, omega. I could do better on the aspirin and the Vit D.

I do take Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, the Omega, cal/mag, multi, lysine, vit C, & chromium. It can be exhausting.

Nancy

Star, I think you have the aspirin covered. Yes it's for the heart. The DHA omega comes in pill form.

I love him even when he talks abut poop too Jo.

Nancy

Sue C

to all.......you must be careful about taking the daily baby aspirin. Some people cannnot take it, so check first. I cannot take aspirin because some of my anti-seizure medications already thin my blood. Angela cannot take aspirin because of her extremely low blood platelets.

sue

F

flutterbee

Aspirin is a mild anti-coagulant, aka blood thinner, which is why people with heart disease take it everyday. For most they recommend one baby aspirin a day; I take a regular aspirin plus my blood thinner, but that's because I have 4 drug-eluting stents.

Honestly, though, if people are immune to it, I don't see how taking two would make a difference.

Nancy

Heather I probably misspoke and didn't mean immune. I'll check and see what his exact reasons were. And of course everyone should make sure baby aspirin is OK for them to take. If you are taking blood thinners or have other medical issues it could possibly cause a problem.
Nancy

Nancy

I'm sorry I cannot find the reason he gave for two baby aspirin but foudn this:

If you're over the age of 40, Dr. Oz recommends adding two baby aspirins to your daily regime. "We know it's very effective in reducing heart disease, very effective in reducing cancer. We think it might actually reduce wrinkles. There's a lot of things aspirin might do that are beneficial to you not only because it thins your blood, but it's a very powerful anti-inflammatory drug."

Just be sure to take two baby aspirin, not regular aspirin. "A regular aspirin is 325 milligrams," Dr. Oz says. "Two babies is 162. So it's half a regular aspirin. The more aspirin you take, the more chances you might have some intestinal discomfort."

Nancy

N

Nomad

Nancy...thank you for adding that re: how each of us is an individual. I don't believe that Dr. Oz did that. For example, I can not take baby aspirin daily for medical reasons.

However, I do enjoy what he has to say.

Star...I also went to the pantry and took out the spice and was sniffing it.
I'm thinking of making a satchet to wear around my neck.

It'll be the anti-dopamax fragrance. :tongue: