Dreariness...

witzend

I got up this morning, and the furnace was on. Not because someone set it wrong, but because if it weren't on it would be freezing in the house. I am sitting here in my sweats and fleece and my UGGs. I wear them all the time when I am at home, and I take a heating pad to bed with me.

husband had to mow the lawn when he got home last night because the forecast is for rain at least through next Tuesday, and yesterday was the first time it hadn't rained in a week at least.

Now, I knew that the weather has been dreary, but last night as I was getting ready for bed and watching the weather forecast, the weather guy says "There have only been 10 days this year that have been clear days." That's right - 147 cloudy days out of the last 157. And that's not even counting last calendar year. It had already been rainy and cloudy since September!

UGH! It's beautiful here, but there are years when it is just too much!

nvts

Oh man, I hate times like that! I really feel so sorry for you! I can't imagine that many dreary days and I can't imagine why a weatherman (most likely with one of those "grinning idiot" smiles on!) would bring it up! ugh!

Come on over here, we've been having storms, but every weekend for the last 3 weeks have been really nice.

I don't have a pool boy and we haven't filled out simple set pool, but I do have a slightly middle-aged, slightly over-weight, gastrically challenged (going for the scope tomorrow) gent who'll make you some killer Margharitas in the sun (I can't have one, but that means more for you!)!

Feel better!

Beth

witzend

Ooh, Margharitas? He can toot all he wants!

You know, I was born and raised here, and it gets this way every few years. But putting a number on it? That's just cruel!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You can come visit me in MO.

The motto around here is "If you don't like the weather? Stick around. It'll change."

It is not unusual to drive to work with the heat on and home with MAX AC.

Its one of difficult child 1's favorite questions when he calls from Sunny, Stable CA. "Whats the weather today?"

Steely

UGH! Exactly why I don't live up in that region - I would die of depression. Although having 95+ degrees for months on end has it's own challenges.

I am going up to Seattle next week - I am sure it will be quite a change for my warm blood. I love visiting - just couldn't live there.

Hugs.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'll say that is dreariness. I go nuts after a couple of days like that. Wishing you some extended sunshine and soon!

klmno

I take it you are in the northwest. Beautiful country!! But, yes, it can get (and stay) dreary. Ok, come to the east coast and visit us cyber-friends over here!! We are definitely warmer this week!

KTMom91

It's in the high 80's here in Central CA, supposed to hit 90 this weekend. Come on down! There's Farmer's Market tonight, Hubby's setting up our pool this weekend, and there are any number of places with killer Mexican food and margaritas to go with!

witzend

You guys are making me jealous! I wrote that post two days ago and it's been cloudy and rainy since, so we're not adding to the "clear day" count.

Current Temp: 50 degrees
Winds: 20 MPH
Humidity: 79%
RAIN

Steely, you had better bring your winter clothes next week if you make it to Seattle! You'll freeze to death.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
We lived in Spokane from 1982-1989. It about drove me nuts. Beautiful country if you can stand 9 month winters and gray skies throughout.

Nope, not for me. I feel for you, Witz.

Suz

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
witz,

Besides the 2 (I know minor but enough to swing our chandeliers & have books fall off bookcases) earthquakes that is the major reason we left Seattle. We had been there 13 years & I was about to slit my throat.

I'll take 20 below zero temps if the sun shines; I'll take tornadoes because the sunshines & you get warnings - you don't get warnings with earthquakes. I take issue with that.

by the way, the sun should be shining by now - I remember that. Of course, the sun should be shining here as well & not many people have planted gardens or purchased flowers as yet. Looks to be a miserable start to summer

Get a sun light or on a plane to Mexico. I'll meet you somehow. You help me with my margaritas I'll smear on the sunscreen or make sure Raoul is there to help.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm a freak - MOVE ME TO WA. I LOVE overcast days. Too many days of freakin' sunshine makes me want to puke rainbows and marshmallows.

I grew up in Ohio - back then I remember the weather guy saying our town gets on average 134 days of sun and the rest is overcast and rain. So I move South. I hate all this hap hap happy sun.

Going back to my cave now.

Steely

Star, you sound like my kid. Seriously. I think his life would be 180 degrees different if he could live in the rain. He loves it. I bet his mania would be almost obsolete. Almost a plausible reason to move West, except I probably would poke my eyes out:faint: Hmmmm...........I think he is on his own with that life change.

by the way - I love your new avatar. I want it when you "are done" with it. Is it for real, or digitally redone?

Star, I am moving with you.

The sun ticks me off and this heat makes me sick. Come on, its not like I live in Florida. I'm in ILLI-FRIGGIN-NOIS. Why do I have to live in 90* weather? EVER? I can't BREATHE today it's so hot & muggy.

Moving to Seattle for sure. Does this mean I have to start liking the Mariners, Seahawks, and Sonics?