Driving up North

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok. I have to DJ a prom tonight. You know how I love driving. These are the directions I'm given. I swear to God no one uses street names.

Abbey

Andy

I would go to maps and directions on the msn home page and enter your address and the destination address to see if that would help.

KTMom91

I would need a guide dog and a keeper to get me there and back with those directions. The orange Sharpie is a nice touch, though.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I did mapquest it and got a real live printable verision of the directions. I just couldn't imagine someone giving me this piece of paper.

So, if you don't hear from me to late tomorrow...you'll know I'm lost in the back woods.

Abbey

donna723

:tongue: People around here give directions like that too, only they do it verbally! No street names or numbers, no highway names, just landmarks. They will tell you to turn right at so & so's house (assuming that you know them - everybody else does!), or turn where the old co-op used to be! Or to look for a particular pasture, and when you get to the bridge you've gone too far. Or they navigate by the red light count - turn left at the third red light, then right at the four-way stop. And after giving you these detailed directions, they will never fail to add ... "You cain't miss it!"

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I had to run some stuff out to husband earlier. The directions he gave me sounded a lot like that. "Take 35 until you get to (can't remember), don't turn left, turn right on (?), left on (?), left on (?) the house has a white picket fence, you can't miss it."

Ah-hah.

Googled the address and took THAT with me.

Took 35. Turned LEFT. Turned RIGHT. Drove. And drove. And drove. Turned AROUND after I called husband and got voicemail - called difficult child 1 and got voicemail. Drove back to last turn. Turned around again. FINALLY difficult child 1 calls back. "You just turned the wrong way - I saw you!" How nice. I get there - she has run out to road to flag me down. Picket fence is the size of an ant farm, husband's trailer is BEHIND the house. No address on the house or mailbox. Then I find out it's not 1300, it's 300. Well, at least I was on the right road.

I hope you found it. Those directions were almost impossible. At least you had a phone number! LOL

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
My heart started racing just looking at that... the lines, the orange, that asterik looking thing...

husband does that to me. He still says to me when I am going to his parents house which is north westish of us I have finally gotten that into my head.
"Just head toward the red roofs"

I am finally getting OK driving here in Tucson... it has been 9 months. But if you put someone in the car with me and asked me specifically where I was going? HA!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Looks familiar. LOL

Which is why I don't ask for directions around here. It's easier to google it.

Hope you don't get lost.

Hugs

everywoman

I use my gps all the time when I have to go somewhere unfamiliar. It has saved a lot of time and is well worth the money that I spent on it for husband several years ago:)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, I survived. BUT...I am never driving down a dark country road EVER again. That had to be the longest panic attack I've ever had. One hour of terror in the pitch black. My cell is ringing off the hook. Am I going to answer it? Heck no! I'm looking for flipping deer. Thought I could pull over to see who is calling...nope. I'd end up in some swamp.

H is texting me every 5 minutes...where are you? I DON'T KNOW, but the pleasant voice on the Garmin got me back.

Sheesh. I give up driving.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad you made it thru. Sounds like the road Nichole and I travel to school on. During the day it's ok, but when it's dark........OMG!

That's why I finally broke down and got a cell phone. ugh

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Abbey, honey, I drive that route all the time going back & forth to visit my dad. My parents drove us (all 6 of us)that route to go visit my grandparents.

I know where New London & Clintonville is......one of the best A&W restaurants is in Clintonville

Give me a call before you go wondering the deep dark woods on Northern Wisconsin. AND remember life is an adventure, even lost on a dark road gasping for air. That's what I tell the tweedles all the time when I "misplace myself".:D

Abbey

Spork Queen
Linda...I'm not wondering up there on my own every again. If I can snag a ride, hopefully we can meet.

Abbey