Drug Interaction online check sheet...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I know the psychiatrist or Pharmacy is our best bet, but I think this site seems to be pretty good. I have a book that I look through and then double check with this site. It is pretty cool because you can punch in your vitamins and medications etc...
When I was starting my Lamictal I was on Topamax as well. Well K had already been on that combo. So I knew it was OK, I was on the phone with my prescribing doctor. She said let me call the neuro and just double check for interactions, I was laughing because I knew it was OK, but then I checked this site and it was telling me it was OK. With the Ambien as well, or the other medication I was on at the time... we waited just to be sure.
She said that she doesn't have too many, if any, patients like me!!! I blamed it all on this site!!! and you guy's

http://www.drugstore.com/pharmacy/d...pharmacy/drugchecker/default.asp&atrxp4=10663

tiredmommy

Thanks Totoro. Someone remind me to move this to the archives in a few days so it will be easy to find in the future....

susiestar

Roll With It
I have used drugstore.com for years, in addition to my pharmacists. Why?? Because I like to go into a doctor appointment and know what some options are in a certain class of medications, and the docs are not always as up-to-date (none that refuse to check are my docs for long, but I have been dealing with serious health crud for 25 years, LOOONNGGG before I dreamed I would have a difficult child).

So if you think a mood stabilizer needs to be added, and you know you are dealing with asthma, then it is good to check to see if any of the mood stabilizers interact with whatever asthma medications you are using. That is just and example.

Thanks for reminding me of this!

TerryJ2

I must not be very savvy. It just seems like a shopping site. Where do I look for typing in medications and vitamins for interactions?
Thanks in advance.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Terry~
When you click on the link, it should say build your Medicine list or something like that, it is down a bit in the middle. Getting started... there is a box where you would enter your first medication, I think they have an example of : "Prozac"
You would hit enter... and then you can enter the next medication or vitamin.

It is neat because it will give you a huge list of all of the, say, Vitamin C types, like ones with or without Rosehips etc...

It will then say: No Interactions found, or it will list the interactions...
Hope this helps???