Drug testing for medicaid or medication-cal applicants.

mom_in_training

I just heard on the radio earlier the tale end of a guy going to legislature to try and get a law enacted that will make it manditory that applicants get drug tested when appling for state aid, medicaid or medical. What I got out of it was that his Mom abused drugs while pregnant and he ended up with disabilities due to it and wants to prevent others from doing the same thing to their innocent baby. Just thought to mention it. If I find an article on it i'll post a link.

meowbunny

Sounds like a great idea to me, as long as these people can still get help if they truly want to change. I don't think being a drug addict should prevent you from services, just limit the type of services you can get until you are clean and straight.

DammitJanet

If I remember correctly, we had to ask people if they were using drugs and we had to run them in the criminal system for drug related crimes. If someone admitted to being addicted (like who would? LOL) then we sent them over to mental health for assessment.

More times, CPS got them involved in the drug assessment and we then got the call and they were sanctioned. I worked in TANF or the welfare check portion back then.