Drugs smoked from pipe?

Nancy

I posted this in the substance abuse forum also but there is not much traffic there.

I found a plastic baggie with what appears to be weed and a small metal pipe. It certainly doesn't smell like the pot I knew from back in the 70's. I smelled it and I have been coughing for 2 hours now. Anyway I wanted to know if there could be anything else in with the green leafy substance and what it could be. Can it be laced with ecstacy?

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nancy,

It could be sweet grass. But with the pipe - I'm more inclined to think it's some older pot or maybe someones idea of a kitchen joke - when we were younger some kids who didn't know what it was actually bought and smoked kitchen spices - oregano looks a lot like marijuana, but I'm more inclined to believe it's bad pot.

So sorry - Dude went out with a friend of his last night - we thought it would do him good to get out for a while - and he and the friend showed up - with a car full of "friends" 3 hours late - and both reeked of marijuana. I know Dude did not smoke any - but when I questioned them - the friend stood there smiling with pot eyes and said that he had smoked it, but Dude didn't.

I was 1/2 tempted to go get a drug test - but I think - what is the use. We were very calm and sat dude down and said we listened to him when he said he needed to be treated more like a grown up by allowing him to go out with a friend, and THIS is how he repays us?

You can take any 'FOUND" drugs to your local police station and have them dispose of them - they may be able to tell you what it is - but I sure wouldn't put it back.

So sorry - hugs
Star

Nancy

I have it locked up and I would never put it back. I would like to have is analyzed to see what else she is on. If I take it to a drug testing center can they do that or do they only test urine and blood samples.

I googled pot pipe for an image and what I found looks just like it. But why do they smoke pot from a pipe rather than roll it into a cigarette? I guess I'm showing my age here.

Nancy

LittleDudesMom

Nancy,

First, sorry that you had to find this and it appears that you and husband's suspisions were correct. The pot could be laced or sprinkled with something making it smell different. I imagine the confrontation will occur this afternoon. I would just ask her point blank what it is. If you are not happy with the answer, there is always the police as Star mentioned - they would probably know.

Sharon

4sumrzn

Sorry you are having to deal with this. I just wanted to let you know that back in my high school days.....my pot smoking friends used pipes more than rolling. Suppose it's easier!?!? Good luck.

Nancy

Thanks Sharon, she is going to be going to court soon on charges stemming from what happened this past Tuesday. I have another post about that further down. I can call the detective and give him this and have those charges added but I'm not sure how to handle this yet. She has admitted smoking pot to the detective and that will be in his report to the court. I want her helped and to take responsibility but just not sure how to proceed right now. She told the police in front of us Tuesday at the house that she has smoked pot, so she knows we know. I was just lucky I finally found it.

She has no car or cell phone right now and is on heavy restriction.

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nancy,

They smoke it from a pipe for a couple of reasons. One it's quicker than trying to roll a marijuana cigarette. Two - they can't afford papers OR they are too young to walk into a mini-mart and purchase a pack of rolling papers. It's not illegal to sell rolling papers - it is illegal to purchase them in our state if you are under 18.

Also - what she has used to be called a "one hit" - meaning you could pinch a little marijuana out of the baggie, put it in the "bowl" which has a little screen at the bottom of it and you can light it quickly, inhale and dispose of it quickly if you need too.

I am not trying to alarm you - BUT - a lot of kids are mixing crushed pills up with marijuana and smoking them. I don't know that you can go to a lab and have a suspected illegal substance tested. I think the best thing - HONESTLY is to call a police officer and ask him to come to your house. Most have kits in their cars that they can tell you if it's illegal or not. AND...

If you are caught with it in your house, it's on YOU - if difficult child would turn the tables and get angry with you for taking her dope - she could call the police and DSS and say "My mom smokes dope it's in her purse or dresser or nightstand." and the other thing is - if you had it ON you in the car - and something God forbid happens to you driving to the police station - YOU could be held liable.

My best paranoid advice would be - call the police and have them come get it or throw it out and hope difficult child doesn't get vindictive - and plant something in your house. If you don't want to report it as difficult child's I would call the police and tell them you found it out by the road or something.

Hugs
Star

BusynMember

Nancy, do test for other drugs. She could be crushing stims in them. I was just talking to my daughter today about drug use and how the drugs of choice have changed. SHe said that "in her day" (she's 24--rolling eyes) the drugs that were "hot" were stimulants of all sorts--they crushed and snorted them. She said the kids she talks to now who do drugs tend to do '70's drugs like LSD and 'rooms (mushrooms?) I don't know if they can smoke that or not, never did drugs. At any rate, I wish you well as this is just such a hard thing to go through and so scary. I turned my kid in a few times myself. We found a pipe in our car once. She told me "I was holding it for somebody else." Right.
Good luck.

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh yea, mushrooms are called 'rooms or shrooms. I worked at a hippie pizza place (owners are wonderful people, have tamed the drugs down a LOT) and often joints were our tips for pizza delivery. It wasnt my thing, so I either pitched it or just put it on the delivery table for someone else.

LOTS of things get mixed with pot. Call the police. Have them take it, they can test it. You may want to invite them to search her room, and any common areas to document that YOU are not the ones using the drugs.

I'm sorry. I don't think that avoiding the police is your best bet. I really think the cops NEED this info. You have done so much, but it is time for her to face the music.

Hugs,

Susie

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
When our daughter was in juvi for disorderly conduct and drugs awaiting court appearance, her PO told us to go through her room. Boy, we found all kinds of items and half of them I had no idea what they were. My husband (who was a difficult child teen) knew what the items were used for.

Anyway, good luck to you and your family. We are in Ohio and I hate the court system. They were pretty much useless for our situation. No help in the drug abuse area as she was 17 1/2 and the cost to the system was too much to justify. They did send a family counselor for weekly sessions for us to "better communicate". There was no help for the drug abuse or the ODD/BiPolar (BP) issues our daughter has.