Drumroll ... I'm going to be a grandma !

VLong

Congrats, Deb! I too will be joining the Grandma club this winter. Little Kyla Lee is due to come into the world on Jan. 1. I am getting more and more excited the bigger and bigger Justin's girlfriend Ashley gets. They are living with us for now and hopefully will have their own place before Kyla gets here.

I've bought a Pak N Play for $10 on craigslist.com and will be picking up a vibrating bouncy seat tomorrow for $10. It's brand new, however it has NASCAR print, but Grandpa and Grandma like NASCAR...don't think Mommy will be too excited as she is totally all girl and loves the color pink. But the little one will just be sitting in it anyway.

It's amazing how mature and wonderful Justin is to get along with these days. I truly like having them here. And I am beyond proud of how they are both handling it. I just put my faith in the Man upstairs and take one day at a time. Life is much better this way!

I can't wait to meet my granddaughter and I don't care what she calls me!

Boy, there sure are a lot of babies due in the coming months! Can't wait to see pictures of everyones grandbabies!

SunnyFlorida

As you remember, I wasn't overly joyed when difficult child 1 told me about exgf's pregnancy. :doctor: I tried to keep things very "clinical", knowing full well BiPolar (BP) runs on my side of the family.

Anyway...the rest is history and we love the little guy so much. :smile: He's really brought alot of joy into our difficult child filled life.

Her mother wanted to be called Grandma and I chose Grammy with an alternate of Granny. The plan is for Grammy to drop to Gram by the time the kiddo gets older. My mother is Nana and my mother in law is Grandma. Meemaw wasn't my style. Well......when Cayden was younger we're always calling each other by their names so he will get used to hearing them. He ended up naming her mother Mimi, which I think is a cross between Grammy and Grandma. It's really cute for him to say he's going to Mommy's and Mimi's house.

Yep....they'll name you :angel:

TYLERFAN

Hi Deb:

Congrats and Welcome to the "difficult child Grandma Club" :warrior:
I couldn't believe at 43 I was going to be a Grandma either. It is the best experience to meet your child's, child :smile:
Praying for a healthy bouncing baby. :thumb:

Blessings,
Melissa :angel:

rejectedmom

Congratulations! While this isn't the way you wanted to become a Grandparent it is still a huge blessing. Enjoy this time there is no other experience like the first. -RM