DS has Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) testing today

msmlb

husband and I already have an idea of what is going to be told to us. It's actually hearing those words that is going to be the tough part.
DS has his appointment in 45 mins. so we shall see.

Melissa

msmlb

DS was diagonsed as Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). The behavioral peditrician explained that they are trying to move away from saying that a child has AS or Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified. So ds is considered on the spectrum because he fits in to so many different things.

So the next installment of the journey begins. I left a message with an Autism Resource Center that is close by and we will be requesting full IEP testing for school.

We are starting outreach therapy in a few weeks so that will help with some of the behavior issues.

Ktllc

Big hugs. I hope you handle the news well. I see you already have an action plan: that is great! Try to use the information as a strengh and not a sentence. Knowledge is power.

BusynMember

Glad you caught it early. They can do a lot if you start young.

I was also told AGAIN (this is the third time) that Aspergers Syndrome and Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified are not going to be listed in the next DSM and that it will all be under the umbrella of autistic spectrum disorder. There is much good that can be done for these sweet (usually sweet...ahem) spectrum kids :)

DDD

Glad you are confident in the diagnosis and are ready to move forward finding the best support available. I wish you the best of luck in your search for the best future. DDD