Duckie update

tiredmommy

UGH! She's been doing well overall lately, but some annoying behaviors are creeping backing in...

Talking constantly: to me, husband, the cats, her toys, herself

Loud, monotone voice

Argumentative

Into everything

Underfoot

I even found some toys hidden under her bed... they were lined up.

Ugh!!!

And perhaps the worst thing is this:
She immediately picks up anything that I set down. A comb, a spoon, the remote.

I'm feeling smothered by her tonight. :(

crazymama30

I can relate to the loud voice and incessant talking. difficult child has lost his voice, again for the 2nd or 3rd time this month. Hang in there. Duckie has lots of allergy problems, is something in bloom maybe??? I live on the other side of the country, it has been raining here for about a week.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
TM,

Growth spurt? End of school year anxiety? Allergies? Just plain GFGness?

I feel your pain. Hope you find some time for yourself today. by the way, I was big on early bedtimes for the tweedles when they got this way. I learned to redirect & used (still do) television as respite. Bad parenting? Don't care anymore.
:rofl::stopglass::talkhand:

LittleDudesMom

It's tough this time of the year to know whether it's just plain gfgness, allergies, or end of the school year related behavior.

Hope she settles - I'm another voting for early bedtime!!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM,
Another who feels your pain. The loud, constant talking is enough to make anyone want a long vacation. Hugs.

tiredmommy

She does have something viral, plus her allergies, going on. She's also starting to obsess a little about all the end of the school year stuff.

Her bedtime is 8pm. And to hear her tell it, it's the earliest in her class.

At least she hasn't been spinning in circles this morning (so far).

busywend

Try spinning yourself - it might make her giggle and then you can tell her that is what she is doing lately. Sometimes it helps just to make them think about their own self.

I hope she settles soonest! I know the toll it takes. You are trying to stay patient and staying optimistic that it will calm down soon. Ugh! The memories! You might have to force the down time before she gets into trouble.

HUGS!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I hope she gets "better" in every sense, SOON. K has been having some allergies this year, worse than in the past.
I bought a chair that spins, mostly for N. K loves it also... she seems to like it at night when she is elevated and needs something. It does not make her worse, although I do have to watch her. Make sure she does not spin too fast or for too long. Just a little, seems to do the trick.

tiredmommy

She was a smidgen better today, I could see she was trying her best. I've been home sick all day with a fever, so she really did try to be appropriate and caring.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry you feel smothered. 8 is NOT too early. My 12yo just got to stay up until 9 this YEAR. thank you is 8 and all his friends have 8 pm bedtimes.

I second TV for a respite, and bad parenting? I don't think so!! It is better than a lot of things!

Hugs,

Susie