DWTS's AND AI tonight??

DDD

Am I right? ARe they both on? All I can think of is Gilles.....lol.
Should be a good fun tv night. DDD

Nancy

I'm watching now. And the Bachelorette last night....I'm in heaven!

Giles was soooooo hot last night! Whew pass the cigs.

Nancy

Last edited:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Ok girls.

We can talk about AI but we have to be careful not to say anything about the results on DWTS.

AI- I thought Kris won round 1, Adam won round 2 and both of them were terrible with round 3 (also terrible song- boo Kara!).

I like both guys. They will both get record deals. I really don't care who wins. I'll probably buy Kris' cd but I doubt if I'll buy Adam's.

As for Gilles...........Nancy, here's a cig...............pant (cold shower) pant...

Suz

KTMom91

Miss KT is chomping at the bit to wiki the results, but she can't for another hour or so. My prediction is Cheryl and Gilles first, Shawn and Mark second, and Tony and Melissa third.

DammitJanet

I have long since stopped watching AI...lol. Maybe next season. Let me know who wins.

I adored last nights DWTS. Thought it was great even if my beloved wasnt there. I thought Shawn was so cute. I hope she makes it. I thought it was neat how Ono...is that his name? came back and talked to her.

Yes, Gilles was great. They all were. Great season this year. I wish there was a way to vote on who we would like to see on the show as stars. I can think of a few...lol.

SRL

Ok AI- I thought Kris won round 1, Adam won round 2 and both of them were terrible with round 3 (also terrible song- boo Kara!).Suz

I agree with you, Suz. The whole night was pretty underwhelming.

Kara ought to be fired for that dribble she stuck them with. Boo Kara is right.

I don't think I would buy either of their CD's. Maybe a song or two from itunes.

Lothlorien

I like Kris a lot. I hope he wins, but Adam appears to be the favorite. I would buy stuff from Kris. Adam is very 80's hairband.....loved it then, but it's not really working for me now.

VERY Shocked that Shawn Johnson won, last night. I think Mark was just as shocked. That's the third Olympian that has taken the trophy home. Good for them! I really thought Gille was going to take it home.

That comedian who did the roast was a riot! They should bring him out every year.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay SHOW of hands HOW many of you are shocked the 17 year old gymnast won over Gilles OR Melissa.....

I'm sorry - she was a good dancer but NOT better than Gilles. NO way. in my humble opinion.

(nothing SHE did made me want to have Nancy pass a cigarette)

M

ML

I love Adam and feel he deserves to win but Kris is awesome too. I think they will both have great careers and I will buy both their CDs (and Allison's too!)

'Chelle

**waving hand high in the air** I'm with ya star. They all did a great job. But while Shawn may have had good technique, she didn't have the relaxed FEEL of any of the dances. She always seemed just a bit stiff and GYMNASTIC feeling. She never made me watch HER and not her professional partner. That's one of my judging criteria. If I find myself watching the star as much as the professional, to me the star has it. What killed Gilles was the freestyle I think. I couldn't understand either why they danced to Flashdance. Gilles strength was his hotness, they should have danced to something HOT. Like the Ride a Cowboy dance, something that would stay in people's memories.

KTMom91

Gilles was robbed. Though Shawn was technically proficient, she didn't have that performance aspect that is so much fun to watch.

Oh, well, there's always next season.

DammitJanet

Chelle....I think you are right about the Freestyle Dance. I think Shawn won it on the Freestyle. Hers was the best there. The other two didnt do as well on that.

I really expected Cheryl to bring it on with Gilles with something to rival the Cowboy dance especially when they showed the clip of that dance. She failed to measure up. Everyone remembers that dance and compares her in that dance.

Then there is that Olympic draw. Olympians seem to have a fantastic fan base that will vote. If they can make it with the judges, the popular vote will be there.

Personally...I would love to see a season that was made up of all professional athletes. Get some football stars, Olympians, baseball stars, maybe a Nascar driver or two, how bout Danica Patrick from Indy Cars.

Ephchap

Although I love Shawn, I also thought Gilles was the best dancer and really should have won. My thought is that he just didn't have the fan base that both Shawn and Melissa had all year, and to be honest, I've read and heard many people who do not like Cheryl at all. Her choreographing and costume choices have been nixed by many these last few years. Her freestyle choreography for Gilles made absolutely no sense, in my humble opinion. I would have really played up the Latin theme and let him do what he does best.

As for Idol, they are so completely different that it's hard to say who "should" win. I really do think though, that love him or hate him, you really can't deny that Adam is an amazing entertainer. Although I do think Kris has talent and is musically gifted, I don't think he's heads and shoulders above many in America that can sing. Other than his first song, I thought his voice was mediocre at best. Just MHO. That being said, Kris' style is more the kind of music I like.

Deb

DDD

Phew/Whew! The season is over and I'll never see Gilles again. That is good news as ten years of not smoking really has been on the line lately.:redface:

I do think that the "stalker" issue helped the gymnist gain support. She seems to be a lovely girl but the difference in sophistication makes it an uneven playing field.

It was a great season. AI...just didn't hack it for me this time. DDD

Nancy

I was disappointed Gilles didn't win too. Being a gymnast mom of course I liked Shawn, but she was stiff. She was technically correct according to the judges but not as pleasing to watch as Gilles. She still had a hard time getting her hips to move. I saw them on Regis and Kelly today and she really looked stiff. She had jeans on which showed the stiffness very well. I love the flashdance song but I agree it was the wrong choice to showcase Gilles and what he does best. I think Cheryl was trying to win it herself instead of showing him off.

I tivo'd AI and haven't watched it yet and may not. Adam just doesn't do it for me.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
"stiff"

Nancy, that's the word I've been searching for all season to describe Shawn's dancing. It's exactly right. She might be energetic/hyperkinetic but she isn't graceful......and she doesn't have Gilles' backside either :9-07tears: .

He was totally robbed.

Suz

jbrain

I was happy with the 3 who made the finals and didn't really care who won. I loved Shawn's freestyle dance and I think that is what won it for her. I thought she deserved to win but had Gilles won I would have thought the same thing. I really liked his freestyle dance but I guess I was in the minority. My difficult child 2/easy child insists that he and Cheryl are in love and she says if she was his wife she'd be jealous. I have to admit, he does seem really enamored of her!

Jane