easy child and natural consequences

Wiped Out

Staff member
I have to kind of laugh at easy child.

She was saying how she wishes she could take summer school to make up for her F in World History. She is already committed to a three week stay on campus that she doesn't want to attend. We told her too bad she would have to make it up during the school year instead of a study hall.

She is so upset because she already promised a teacher, she would be a teacher's aide in the Fall.

We told her she should have thought about that before failing her class that she was more than capable of passing.

I'm thinking she isn't enjoying the natural consequences.:rolleyes:

everywoman

Natural consequences are the best teachers---beat nagging any day of the week. And I know that it's horrible---but deep down inside I smile when they bite off their own foot and it comes back to kick them in the behind.

Josie

I am also secretly glad when they don't like the natural consequences. It works far better than anything I could do.

KTMom91

I love natural consequences. Retaking biology meant Miss KT had PE at 6 am during the winter. That was the last class she failed.

Jena

hi,

yea i can imagine she's soo NOT thrilled! :)

it's a great lesson for her. sometimes though don't you just wish you could say hey do it this way?? avoid the lesson and JUST LISTEN!! LOL