easy child and the Meow..........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
easy child just called me a bit ago. Yes, its almost 2 in the morning. lol But she knew I'd be up.....and she was up studying for her midterms.

Then she suddenly remembered she'd left her cat Jerry in the basement. He likes to go down there and mouse. She heard a cat meowing loudly and though it was him.........

Jerry romped upstairs and she could still hear the meowing. So she went down into the basement.......and followed the sound.......and spotted a teeny little kitten out her basement window being stalked by an adult cat. So easy child gets on the phone with me while she heads outside to the kitten. Has a devil of a time shooing away the adult cat.....not kitten's Momma cuz kitten is crying louder than ever and trying to get away from this cat. She'd brought along a towel (my advice) in case the baby cat was feral. But he snuggled right into the towel. He was freezing. It's in the 40's here.

So she took him inside. She's setting him up in the bathroom for the night. But evidently he's much younger than she first thought. Teenier than the 2 babies Nichole rescued.....and they were only 4 wks. She put some warm water on cat food (dry).....and I'll take her my left over kitten formula in the morning.

easy child says to me "Mom what am I gonna do? I've already got 3 cats?? I can't keep it"

LOL I told her she should have thought about that before rescuing it. But then we both know neither of us could've listened to that baby cry and do nothing to try to help.

So I told her she could Post it online and see if someone would like to have him. We found the kitten Nichole rescued a very nice home with cat lovers that way.

Poor girl. Her goldie has been sick the past couple of days. easy child had me worm her tonight cuz she couldn't get her to eat or drink......And yeah, she spent the rest of the evening barfing worms. I guess my girls had to learn the hard way that Mom wasn't joking about worming puppies once a month.:sick: She's calling the vet on monday to see if she wants her to bring her in.

So now easy child is bringing in the strays. Which I happen to think is funny cuz she really gave Nichole a hard time over the 2 babies she brought home. :rofl:

Anybody want a lil furball?? ;)

flutterby

Fly away!
Don't tempt me! I already have 6. It's soooo hard to turn them away.

I'm so glad easy child took the baby in. It probably wouldn't have survived the night. Too young to regulate its body temperature.

We're just a bunch of stinkers, aren't we?

(OK...I didn't type stinkers, it changed the word. Think of lollipops. LOL)

donna723

I guess that makes me a 'stinker' too because I probably would have done exactly the same thing that your easy child did! Then I would have had to barricade the kitten in a room by itself to keep it away from the dogs and I would be wondering what I was going to do with it!

I'm such a 'stinker' that I now have four dogs and a whole herd of outside kitties who know me as the 'food lady'. It all started with two little stray cats that hung out in my yard and I had resolved NOT to feed them. And I didn't either, until one very cold day when they both climbed up on the window AC unit and were looking at me through my kitchen window and meowing at me! So I bought a little bag of cat food ... gonna feed them just once ... That was several years ago and I now have a whole herd of them, the kittens and grandkittens and great-grandkittens of those first two, that show up for breakfast every day. And sometimes they bring their friends.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Just in the past few years I have had stray kittens and puppies locked in the bathroom until I could either get them back to their owners or get them placed through PetFinder.

I will NOT feed the outside critters as in my neck of the woods, putting out pet food can earn you a visit from a 300lb stray, LoL.

When husband and I first moved in together we had his ancient black cat. We then wound up with a tiny kitten that husband found while 'dumpster diving' (not any part of some frugality movement; we were literally that broke)

Even during all the years that husband and I raised purebred cats, we always had one rescued cat in the "pride" to remind us of what it was really about. A couple of them were taken in from the horse barns, a couple just showed up, etc.

In amongst that mob were one three legged cat and one one-eyed cat who was missing most of his ears.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
easy child is gonna attempt to get me to fall in love with this kitten.............lol Sort of like what she did with Bruce. But it won't work any more than it did with the surviving kitten of the 2 Nichole rescued. lol

Donna I'm also Food Lady to a pride of strays......lol And I've got Mr Underfoot and Skinny Minnie outside who just sort of adopted us. Those 2 weaved into and out of your legs, rub up all over you and purrrrr like mad to let us know they appreciate our food too. lol Can't get out the door without being greeted by those two. :D

Like I told Nichole......if I were to bring another cat in here, it would be those two. They've even befriended Molly and Betsy and Rowdy. And befriending Rowdy.....well if you're a cat it's nothing short of a miracle. lol

Reminds me, I need to check on the lil furball and see how it's doing this morning.

One thing easy child didn't think of........when Darrin sees that kitten......and sister in law sees that kitten........she might as well forget finding it another home. :rofl:

donna723

Ha! Mine don't have much to do with me. A few will let me touch them but that's about it. They're only in it for the food.

And Kat, I live right in town, so the only wildlife stray we've attracted so far is a chubby white possom that waddles through the yard and up the back porch steps at night and finishes off the leftover cat food. The cats sit right next to him and watch him eat. I've named him 'Porky'.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Aw Donna.............We had a possum visitor for a few years. The cats let him eat with them. lol And he liked people.....alot. I think maybe at one time he was someone's rescue or a pet. Nichole and I both grieved when we discovered someone had hit him with a car.

Biggest thing we've attracted is racoons. We have a Momma who visits regularly. Her and I have a deal. My trash is fair game as long as you can scrounge it out of the can without making a big mess. So far.....never a mess. lol

I keep a eye on her though.......since Nichole's run in with the rabid racoon.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I live in a Northern WI town of about 8K people. About half the town is "housing and business". The other half is lots of acreage surrounded by miles of forest owned mostly by timber companies or the state or county.

It is serious bear country. It's just not worth the risk.