easy child, Apt, Depression, medications

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We moved easy child into her new apt with her boyfriend yesterday. It's a nice place (we all cleaned it last week). I like the boyfriend, I spoke with him in private and I know he loves easy child and everything, I am just worried that they're not rishing into something bigger than they can handle. But you know they both want to be there, so we helped easy child out and made sure she has all she needs. She talks with me constantly, so I think I will know if something goes awry. H had some bonding time with the boyfriend, whom he also likes as do I.

This past week easy child called me and wanted me to make an appointment with our DR because she said she was depressed. Now, easy child has had anxiety attack that come and go for a few years now and there was one time she was put on Lexapro, but stopped after one week and refused to take anything again. She was afraid she'd end up becoming like difficult child (she's traumatized). Sooooo, if she actually called and asked me and then the Dr about it, she must be feeling really bad, right?

When I saw her yesterday, it was alarming. Her hair was all greasy, her face was in a permanent frown, and she was kind of like on auto pilot. I was truly horrified (but couldn't let her know) and now I'm worried sick about her. Her face looked so drawn! Everything that came out of her mouth seemed forced. I sat with her for a while in the closet just to talk. I reminded her that no matter what she could always come home, that the apt is nice, and we like her boyfriend a lot, but that if she changed her mind, that was okay. I don't want her to feel trapped, you know? Anyway, we talked about other things and she got to laughing a little and I saw a snippet of my old easy child, which was a relief. I'm glad that I pulled her in for some one on one time with mom. She takes on so much and doesn't realize sometimes that it's too much.

Anyway, our Dr does not have any afternoon appts available until April, so she consulted with easy child on the phone and the DR started her on 20mg of celexa. She told easy child that she checked my file and history as well as her sisters (difficult child) and decided that this would be the best medication. She also told easy child to get out in the sun everyday for at least 20 minutes.

I'm glad that easy child is finally doing something about this, but I am wondering about the DR's choice of mg start dose. difficult child is on 15mg, was on 10mg to start because if she goes over 15mg, she gets a little mania going. And I take wellbutrin 150mg.

Why would the DR START easy child on 20mg?? Wouldn't 10mg be a more prudent starting dose and then progress from there? I am going to call her tomorrow to ask her, but thought I'd look for some feedback here first. Thanks.

♥ to all.

That's a real good question, Jo.

You may want to post this in general too. A lot more medication questions get posted and answered there.

Hugs to you and her.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Jo, I can understand your concern. Another option is to call your trusted pharmacist.

I think your best bet is to wait until you talk to the doctor tomorrow, though. Everyone else would only be speculating, at best.

Suz