easy child college award

Nancy

We just got back from an award ceremony at easy child's college. She was inducted into the Dayton C. Miller Honor Society awarded to the tope 100 students who have the highest GPA after 70 credit hours. It was quite an honor and we are so proud of her. This award is given to only the top 4% of the student body.

Now if she would only stick to one major and stop switching....she's on the five year plan after switching from business to ealry childhood education. Instead of graduating next year we get to pay for an additional year of college LOL.

Nancy

Ephchap

:congrats: to easy child ! Woohooooo! Please give her a congratulatory hug from me. You and husband must be very proud. That is quite an accomplishment.

As for the 5 year plan, I wouldn't worry about it (well, the money part is no fun, lol, but many students these days go beyond the 4 years). It used to be that most majors had many of the same prerequisite classes the first two years. Now many programs require the student to start out with them, so if they switch, they fall behind. It's definitely frustrating. Let's face it - how many college freshmen are certain of their major when starting out?

Again, congrats to easy child!

Hugs,
Deb

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nancy,

What an honor to have bestowed upon your easy child!! Your family must be so proud of her!

Congratulations on that - and for having to pay for ONE more year - it could have been worse - she may have wanted to be a veterinarian! lol.

Hugs
Star

Fran

Former desparate mom
Congratulations. Enjoy every second. She (and you) have every right to be proud for her hard work.

Hopefully, she has found her niche with Early Childhood and will not switch. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer. Pretty cool.

everywoman

Nancy---It seems like most undergrads these days take longer than five years. I wouldn't be too concerned. Hopefully early childhood will be good. Since she is taking five years, she may want to take some courses in elementary ed. Early childhood will only certify her up to grade 3 in my state---and many others. Elementary is K-5---a lot more opportunites available.

KTMom91

How wonderful! You must be so proud. Don't worry about the five year plan...I was on the seven year plan for my BA (Business Administration-Marketing) and went back ten years later for my credential. I agree that she should check on exactly what Early Childhood covers and see if Elementary Education will make her more employable. My CA Multiple Subject credential covers K-12 (in a self-contained classroom) and Adult General Education. In this time of budget cuts, I think the more options she has, the better.

TerryJ2

Woo hoo! Congrats!

I wonder if she switched to get out of all the statistics and math classes? Or if she really likes kids that much. Or both.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow!! Major congrats to easy child!!! What a nice reward for all of her hard work. I'm sure you're one proud Momma.

Hugs

Nancy

Thanks ladies. Actually Terry she didn't have to take any math classes in business because of the math she had taken in high school and she got an A in all her statistics classes. She started out in education her freshman year and switched to business. She has an internship now in a business and doesn't enjoy the business world at all and decided education was her nitch. I always thought she would make a good teacher and I think she finally realized that was her calling too.

I know the jobs are scarce and that does worry me, but I'm sure she will find a job eventually.

Nancy