easy child/difficult child 90+ days sober

rejectedmom

Just an update. My son is over 90 days sober and continues to do well. He goes to alcohol counseling 2x a week and at least 2 AA meetings per week also. He is off the anti craving medication because no one around here could fill the script. It has been over two weeks since he last had it. He was on for almost 4 months which is about normal for this medicine.

He says he likes the way he feels being sober. He can tell the difference in his energy and his functioning. I think that is key for a sucessful recovery. He is working FT and also doing some minor chores for us. My only complaints are that he is still not budgeting his money well and doesn't keep his room neat. So all in all things are good but there is still room for improvement.

InsaneCdn

Ignore the room! Trust me. It is such a classic parent-child conflict area.
The money stuff is FAR more important. Work him toward those skills that will bring independence.

DDD

Over ninety days is awesome. That he likes how he feels is even more awesome. I'm so happy for you all and trust that the basket C issues will get resolved in time. Hugs DDD

Nancy

RM Congratulations to difficult child, the 90 day sober mark is huge. It's wonderful that he is expressing how he feels so much better. I am so happy that he is doing well and it gives me hope that someday my difficult child will be able to do the same.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Sober for 90 days, working full time, and helping around the house. Sounds wonderful to me!!
:bravo:
~Kathy

A

AmericanGirl

The success stories give us all reason to celebrate and hope for the future!

rejectedmom

Hi all and thank you so much for your responses and encouragement. husband and I took a couple of days and went away to check our other home. We had not been able to check on it since Nov due to all that was going on here. Since easy child/difficult child was doing well we left him with the pets and took a little time out for ourselves. It was a good thing too because a few shingles had been lost from our new (sept 2011) roof. I spoke with the contractor and he said he will take care of it. I also need to schedule a maitenince check for the ac/heating system. I still feel a bit streached from responsibilities and financial stuff but all in all, I do finally feel like I can breathe a little.

After all the sadness and failed attempts with my difficult child#2 if does feel wonderful to be able to post something positive about easy child/difficult child. And D3 since I came home, I have not so much as even looked in easy child/difficult child's room. LOL