easy child/difficult child update

Wiped Out

Staff member
I posted about a month ago about easy child/difficult child coming to me and telling me she was so depressed and needed to see a therapist.

Yesterday she finally saw a therapist (took forever to get an appointment). She was really excited to know that she was going yesterday. She came back and was in a very good mood. We asked her if she liked the therapist and she said yes that she was very helpful.

About 20 minutes later she apologized to me for something she had done a couple of months ago (she had thrown a tv remote at me and it hit me in the nose and I had a severe nose bleed along with a ton of pain-pain lasted a long time-I posted it about it in PE at the time). She never truly apologized-just a sort of half meant one. So yesterday I was surprised when she did apologize for real (to be honest I almost forgot about the incident). I asked if she had brought this up to the new therapist and she had. It must have been weighing on her fairly heavily for her to bring it up at the first appointment.

In general easy child/difficult child has been in a better mood lately. She thinks she has a career picked out, she even met with an academic counselor. She also is actively looking for a new job (she hates hers but won't quit til she has a new one). In addition, she had a friend over last night (this is huge for her because she really never does anything socially at all).

She still has a long way to go but it has been nice seeing some improvements lately.

TerryJ2

Very good! Progress, for sure. I agree, it must have been weighing on her.
I hope this good streak holds!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Wonderful news. The best part is that going to the psychiatrist was her idea, her choice, that seems very significant. And that she apologized for the remote incident and talked about that in her therapy also feels very significant. It feels as if she has turned a corner in her gfgness. I'm happy for you.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Ladies! I am hopeful but as always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Wonder if that feeling will ever stop for either child!

busywend

Good news! Sounds like she was really feeling awful about the remote incident. How nice that she was able to apologize after one session. Sounds like she needed guidance on how to do that. She is a keeper! therapist and easy child/difficult child i mean!