easy child gets to go on vacation.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
It is 9:20 am. I never heard back from easy child's mom about taking her on vacation with us, which her mom had already agreed to, but apparently forgot. So I called her.

I got her out of bed. She hasn't worked all summer. Other than going to the lake one Saturday, she hasn't done ONE THING with easy child when easy child's been with her in all that time off. No sprinkler, no movie, no swimming, nothing.

Anyway, I digress.

She complained that we would have easy child 2 weekends in a row. I said, yeah, sorry, I probably should have put a note in my planner to call you earlier, but I really didn't think about it. I just left it on there to pick easy child up here for our normal week until I heard otherwise from you, and it didn't occur to me that I didn't hear from you until we started packing to leave.

Then she claimed she really didn't know about it because the emails were "lost".

Back in Feb, I sent her 2 emails. The first had dates, times, etc. It also asked about easy child wearing jewelry to school and not bringing any back here, so she was out. Could she send some of it back with easy child? I didn't hear back from her, so I sent her another email a week later. I didn't put details, I just put "did you get my message?" She replied "Yes, summer is fine, I'll let you know later if we want her before or after that week. She'll bring the jewelry next week."

If she didn't get the message, how did she know what it was about?

Then she complained that they were having to postpone their trip to the zoo because of this. They take the kids to the zoo one day every year (or, I should say, her hubby does...she just goes along). Now, I'm sorry, but tell me....just how hard is it to reschedule a day trip when the kids are out of school and you don't have a job? Oh, the stress of it.....NOT!

It was all such a burden on her, and somehow, it was my fault. She never once acknowledged that she forgot, or any sort of inkling of acceptance.

She wears me out.

Oh well. I guess that's probably why she's the ex.

DammitJanet

Shari...you are such a good step mom. Most would just say...to heck with it all and if the mom wants to be a horses behind, the kid can suffer for it. That one day the kid will see whats up. easy child is lucky you are in her corner. EX is a horses behind. easy child is lucky you have so much experience with horses behinds...lol.

donna723

I'm glad too that she gets to go on vacation with you.

But I don't believe for one single minute that her mom "forgot"! I think she's just giving you a hard time and dragging it out and keeping it up in the air for as long as she can to inconvenience you. And she sounds like she's much more preoccupied with the fact that you "... would have easy child 2 weekends in a row" and making things come out even than she is in allowing her daughter to have a nice vacation trip! Her priorities are really twisted, aren't they! She really IS a horses' patoot!

But the little girl sees what is going on, and some day when she's a little older, she's really going to resent having her mother use her as a pawn like that! One day it will all come home to roost and mama will regret it.