easy child has lost both her grandparents

Mattsmom277

Technically they are her great grandparents, and step at that. Her step mothers grandparents. But they've been a part of easy child's life since infancy. There are no great grands in that family, easy child was accepted from day 1 and treated as the first grand/great-grand, regardless of the whole "step" factor. My mother is not in our lives, my father neither. easy child's fathers parents are both deceased. As our both my and her fathers grandparents. So all easy child's grands and great grands are via her step mom. They have all been so loving and warm and involved with easy child. It has been such a special experience for her.

Her great grand passed Oct. 26, her great gram passed Nov. 4. 10-11 aparts they both pass, which is a story of mystery all in itself.

Please if you can, would you send some good thoughts for easy child? She's only 11 and she has never had a close death before. She struggled but was brave about her "Grand-papa", but now with her "Grand-mama" (They are all french) gone as well, it's going to be hard healing for her. She is with her dad and step-mom until Tuesday as the services are tomorrow and Monday. I want so badly to give my sweet girl a big hug. I know she's in good hands with her dad to help her through and its where she should be right now. But as a mom, I want to squeeze her and tell her in person how much I love her and how brave she is and just hear where she is at with all of this :(.

DammitJanet

I am so sorry for her loss. I never knew my great grandparents since my parents were quite old when they had me and I only knew my maternal grandmother well at all. My maternal grandfather died the year before I was born and my paternal grandmother died when I was in early elementary school but I didnt know her well. She was divorced from my paternal grandfather and he was a strange man who really wasnt interested in meeting me more than once or twice. My dad did try though. I remember seeing him in his cab he drove. Sad.

My grandchildren will probably only remember my father slightly. If at all. Keyana may be the only one who does. At 4 she knows who he is when she talks to him or sees him in pictures. I dont know if she will in the future though. That is one reason I am glad my kids had kids young. And I had my kids young.

I have no idea how I am going to deal with the kids when my Dad passes away because I am not going to be in any position to help anyone I dont think. Maybe worrying about them will help me cope.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
O what a sad and bittersweet story...

Great-Gram went to keep Great-Grand Papa company.

I am so sorry for your loss...and sorry for easy child.

Sending prayers.

Mattsmom277

Thank you all! Didn't mean to cut short any kudos to S/O's family for being so wonderful with and for easy child too. S/O's mother is fantastic and we dont' see her as much as we'd like (distance) but they bond like nobodies business when we go see her. We planned today a weekend away next weekend to take easy child to S/O's moms for the weekend. I think a few nights snuggling at night with her gramma Yogi (nick name for her) and some spoiling and tons of hugs (S/O's mom must hug easy child about a dozen times a night, can't mention how many "you're beautiful Jessica" or "I love you, you're such a good girl" that easy child gets to hear each day from her. Hopefully it will help her heart to know she has a younger and loving gramma around to spoil her for many years to come.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It can be such a wonderful thing when "step" relatives reach out to a child with love. It is one of the reason I worked so hard to bond with katie. My Mom bonded through me.........and has always thought of katie as a grandchild although she joined the family at age 3yrs. For katie.......a child with only biomom on the maternal side.........having additional step family accept and love her along with her paternal family was a big deal.

I'm so sorry for easy child's loss. It's hard to lose someone you cherish at that age, but to lose 2 at once is quite a blow. I'll keep her in my prayers.

((hugs))

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I love to hear stories about blood not getting in the way of family bonds. I am so sorry for your loss (yes, its yours, too).

Many hugs