easy child improvement?

Wiped Out

Staff member
The verdict is out and I'm almost afraid to post because I don't want to jinx anything but lately easy child has been much more typical teen than difficult child. Honestly she had sunk so low into her depression I was worried she would end up hospitalized.

She started taking the generic of Zoloft about three weeks ago. She also started dealing reconnecting with old friends and making new ones since her supposed best friend was spreading lies about her.

She has actually had some pleasant moments and been more social while visiting extending family than we've seen her in a long time.

By no means has she been perfect-just typical teen stuff and that's not always fun but I'll take it over what she had been like.

Interesting aside, the girl who has been causing all the problems for easy child left a message on our machine yesterday. She called to apologize and would like easy child to call her. easy child isn't sure what she is going to do yet, leaning towards not returning the call. This girl has done this twice to her now.

Part of me wants to have easy child ignore her but is that the best thing? Maybe she should accept the apology but I just don't trust this girl. husband and I did tell her even if she accepts the apology she shouldn't trust her as far as sharing any confidences with her. We also told her to make sure she keeps hanging out with the new group she is hanging with.

For now I'm just glad I'm seeing a somewhat happier easy child. Don't know how long it will last, hope she still brings her grades up so she doesn't have to transfer back to her home school but happy to see her smiling and laughing again.

tiredmommy

I'm glad she's doing better. I too would have accept the other girl's apology but distance herself. To not accept the apology may lead to the girl starting more trouble for easy child.

F

flutterbee

I'm so glad to hear she's improving. I was really worried.

Accepting the apology doesn't mean she has to be friends with the girl again. You can forgive, but don't forget.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks TM and Heather! I too was really worried about her and am being cautiously optimistic as I don't think she is completely out of her depression but just to see her smile and laugh and actually converse at times is giving me hope.

I agree with the accepting of the apology but distancing herself from this girl. I think your're right, TM, that by not accepting it she could end up with more problems.

Lothlorien

She should definitely stay away from the girl. Accept the apology and then keep her at a distance.

I'm glad she's coming out of her funk.

Jena

Sharon sorry i missed this. That's great news and no you aren't jinxing it lol.

Maybe it's the holidays' on our easy child's...... mine's been behaving herself as well. Yet she's grounded lol.

I'm glad to hear of this improvement. I'm not sure of the apology, id be good with just hearing it