easy child In Accident This Morning

trinityroyal

Lisa, I just now saw this. Thank goodness easy child is okay. Sending prayers for a quick and uncomplicated recovery. Many hugs to all of you.
Trinity

Nancy

I am so glad she will be OK. What a scary thing to go through and not be able to reach anyone. You will be busy these next few months, nursing your baby back.

Nancy

I just saw this - I'm so sorry! When I read about the accident, shivers went down my spine thinking about how much worse things could have turned out. I'm so relieved that even though it sounds like she has a long road to recovery, she will be OK. All of the obstacles thrown along that road, financial issues, etc., seem overwhelming right now, but they will work out in time. She has the love and support of a very special mom...

Just want you to know I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers... Hugs... SFR

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks guys.

easy child is in a better place today. She can discuss it with me without crying, which is good.

We've also been able to discuss how long recovery will likely take. I just didn't have the heart to spring that on her yesterday, poor kid. The leg is really bad.....really bad. If she gets full use back she will be one very lucky girl.

Of course today she's feeling the impact with the upper body now too. Her pain is being managed well. PT had her up trying the crutches but I think the upper body pain is making maneuvering difficult.. doctor wouldn't let her come home today. sister in law, Darrin, and I spent most of the afternoon with her. Actually just got home a bit ago. Being around people she used to work with I think helps a lot. They know her, are friends with her, and are taking darn good care of her. She's got a really good ortho doctor whom she also knows from working with him. He told her when he opened her up it was just a mess inside........and then bluntly told her she has a long road of recovery ahead.

Good thing is she lives just down the alley from me. Her house is all on one floor. sister in law is just plain awesome about helping around the house and doing housework and caring for the boys. I'll have to help her cook though.....and give her some easy crockpot recipes that sister in law can toss into the pot in the morning which I can help her serve in the evenings. Darrin loves to help clean ect, so I'm sure he'll be a big help to. I noticed when I went over there today sister in law and Darrin had already begun cleaning and removing clutter from the house to make it more crutches/wheelchair friendly.

Nichole went to see easy child yesterday and says she'll come down often to visit since her babysitting job came to an end. We'll try to make it as pleasant a recovery as we can. And we won't let her do what she shouldn't either. lol

Now she's figuring out how she's going to do this last quarter of school. Her classes are online, so driving to school won't be a problem. But she has required clinicals........so she's going to call the instructor and see if something can be worked out. This is her final quarter before graduating with her BS. So far hospital she works for seems supportive.

I'm just hoping and praying that joint doesn't become frozen during the initial recovery time.

DammitJanet

Wow Lisa...I am so sorry I have been MIA and havent been here to respond before this. So glad the accident wasnt worse. I think its a parents greatest fear that we get that phone call about our kids being in an accident. I would have been scared to death until I could see her with my own eyes. All the financial stuff will work out...it always does. You guys will be able to figure it out. Give her a hug from me when she can handle one. Give yourself one too.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I am thanking God for her life today Hound! I just read this and I am absolutely amazed at the fact that she's alive and with us, not injured more than she is and managed to keep the car under control as well as she did.

Give her a huge hug from her Auntie Star. (must go cry now....stupit car..stupit stupit car)

TerryJ2

Thank you for the update. She is going to have a rough, long haul, not just physically, but emotionally. Sheesh. But at least she's still with us. Many hugs.

rejectedmom

I am so sorry to hear of your easy child's accident. Glad her prognosis is good even though a lengthly a rehabilitation is necessary. Things will work out but life will be a bit different for her for a while. . She is lucky to have you close by and such a wonderful and capable hubbie to pick up the slack. -RM

Thanks for the update. So glad she is doing a bit better emotionally. I really believe she'll get through this much easier because she is surrounded by lots of love and support. Continuing to keep your easy child, you and the rest of your family in my prayers... Many more hugs... SFR