easy child in the ER

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
So, it finally happened. easy child neglected to take her walking pneumonia seriously and ended up in the ER last night with trouble breathing, a cough so bad she cries out in pain and a 103° fever. Casper and her mom took her - to a cruddy hospital - but whatever. Casper called me on the way there at midnight and when I asked easy child if she wanted me to come up she said no, I didn't have to, so I told Casper to let me know what's going on. An hour later, I called him back and asked easy child again if she wanted me to come up and she said yes. So off I went and when I got there, I was a bit put off and surprised to see him AND his mom there. We chatted and then easy child told them they could go home and catch some Zzzz's. They left and I stayed there till this morning at 6AM. They gaver her a chest x-ray and did a ton of blood work and confirmed that she has 'frontal pneumonia' and gave her Leviquin (I am not fond of this drug) and codiene for the cough and sent her on her merry way. Well, with the serenity prayer rattling around in my head, I did NOT ask her if she wanted to come home, in part because I just didn't think it was the right thing to ask and in part because I didn't want to hear her decline the offer. Anyway, after all this, I had to drop her off at THEIR house. How, I don't even know the words to say, but upsetting will suffice.

I am at work for now, but exhausted.

God grant me the serenity....

DDD

I hope it gets resolved soon. Breathing problems are scarey.
I doubt she'll make the same mistake again. Hugs. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
What a scare!

Remember, you weren't the one she sent home; you were the one she wanted to stay. There's no need to bring that to her attention, just hold that thought as you are repeating The Serenity Prayer...

Hugs,
Suz

rejectedmom

I'm so sorry for your worry and your pain but I agree with Suz. Your easy child wanted you at her bedside not them. There is hope glittering just under the surface. I hope she gets well soon and also gets her head on straight and breaks free of them. -RM

Star*

call 911........call 911
Is this the Serenity Prayer AA version, or the - ..And the wisdom to hide the bodies version? (just askin'?) :tongue:

Hugs for continued strength~ version.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
She's baaAAAaaaaack....

Last night H and I came home from an evening out and there she was snuggled on the couch with the dogs. When we pulled into the driveway, I said, "What's she doing here?" and H let out a trepidous laugh.

Anyway, we didn't really chat a whole bunch, but she was all smiles when we came in and said, 'Hi!" and then giggled a little, as if we would rush to her and be elated at her return. Not.

This morning, H asked me what her plans were and I told him I was going to ask her today. He told me not to say a word, which I understand, but I think given her shunning of us and our home and then this sudden return deserves at least one small inquiry, such as, "What are your plans?" as a means to reiterate OUR rules about our home NOT being a crash pad, Know what I mean??

Should I wait? Should I say something ASAP? What?

ps: Her pneumonia is improving, she coughs less and seems to be breathing fine.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I don't care how old you are, when you're sick you want your Mom so to me it's perfectly understandable why she's home. It's the same as why she wanted you to stay at the hospital. I remember being on my own for several years when I got sick and moved home for a few days so Mom could help. I don't think it's unreasonable for her to want some homegrown TLC.

I think it's unfortunate and insensitive that she didn't ask first about coming home since you thought that she had "moved out." If you decide to talk to her and she moves back to Casper's house, you might want to consider changing the locks on the house so she can't surprise you again. :bigsmile:

Suz