easy child is 22 Today!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
:hapBday:Happy Birthday to my easy child - she's 22!:D

For her birthday she has the flu, or what we suspect to be the flu - not the swine (oink), but the regular run of the mill flu. Her big toe is also infected with staph - she has to see a podiatrist.

Also for her birthday I am making her requested chicken parm, not breaded and fired, with salad and home made garlic bread. And a german chocolate cake. Yum.

Later, we're off to the doctors!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Awwwww! I'm sorry she's feeling icky! Hope her birthday is happy anyway -- sounds like mom's doing everything she can to make it a good one! :D

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks for the happy birthday wishes!

Just came back from the Dr - Dr said easy child has a strain of the H1N1. Put her on a stronger antibiotic because it's in her lungs now and ordered her to stay home from work another 2 days at least. Dr also said that easy child's immune system is weak. Does easy child take a daily? No. Does she eat superfoods to stay healthy even though she works with little kids? No.

It is infuriating trying to make this young WOMAN care better for her health! Dr said to push fluids and eat before taking the medications. Gave her another inhaler. I am going to make her take a breathing treatment tonight. That always helps me break up the mucus. I also bought her some Simply Saline for her sinuses. What a pita.

Anyway, the chicken parm is cooking and I'm having a glass of wine. easy child happened to have been born on an election day also, so I'm celebrating the day she came to be! I couldn't be prouder of her, even if all she eats is boxed foods and candy, lol.

difficult child bought her a really nice sister necklace with hearts on it. easy child hates that kind of stuff, but I know it means a lot of difficult child - she looks up to her sister - and easy child does appreciate it and knows it comes straight from difficult child's heart.

tiredmommy

Happy Birthday easy child! May you quickly get the gift of good health!!!

Jo- I knew it was H1N1 as soon as you said staph. It seems like all the kids that have been very sick with flu at Duckie's school developed secondary bacterial infections. :winks:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Jo, both of your girls have come such a long way in the years I've known you. I'm just so pleased for you and for them.

Happy birthday to your precious easy child. I hope she feels better soon!

Hugs,
Suz