easy child is a little stinker but Eeyore makes me laugh

JJJ

She is having problems with lying. Never anything major, just run of the mill teenage lying. But it is driving me nuts! I finally had it and she has just been given the biggest punishment of her life (no electronics, scrub the bathroom and extra schoolwork, and stuck in her room!).

While I'm explaining the punishment to her, Eeyore sticks his head around the door and the look on his face was priceless -- completely google-eyed and mouth wide open. "I'm glad I was never that bad Piglet. Wow, you must have really done something bad."

It was all I could do to not bust up laughing! Eeyore, as a difficult child, has of course done worse things but with him it is teach-consequence-repeat and big punishments have no impact because he forgets why he is in trouble.

He has had a complex about "perfect Piglet" for a while now but I think this summer has changed his mind. First, she had a much harder summer packet to complete for school and now this! He said he no longer wishes he was her and is happy to be himself. (Odd way to build self-esteem but I'll take it!)

susiestar

Roll With It
LOL on Eeyore's attitude change!!

It is nice that he can see that Piglet is not perfect AND that you do not think she is. One of the hardest things for me to handle as a parent was when Wiz would insist that Jess never got into trouble for anything, even if she was currently grounded from something or having to do extra chores. Somehow no matter what the consequence was it did not register if it applied to Jess or thank you, just like he did not register any praise that we gave him unless we said it to someone else. I have always wondered if they were connected somehow.

Either way, it is a big step to have a difficult child be happy to be himself!!!